━ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐏𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 - 𝐏𝟑 ━

Warnings: nothing severe, but there is some creepy narration regarding Brenner and well, the overall idea of what I was trying to convey was kinda essential to explain or else it didn't make sense, but I tried my best to make it not sound like the gross kind of creepy but it was kinda hard. So I apologize. Also, (kinda graphic) violence and mentions of blood.

||𝟑𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕||

"Sir, we've searched everywhere. There's no sign of them."

Brenner and his team were currently standing in the gym in front of a kiddie pool and a few hoses.

Immediately he knew what the children had been doing.

He felt his lips form a tight line as he stared at the makeshift bath before him in anger.

He had to get his hands on Eleven. She had been gone for far too long.

And Nine, well he was not prepared to let the child escape again.

He was careful when making his promise to that stubborn chief. After finding Eleven and taking her home, and those pesky friends she had made would be left alone and indeed safe. As would the Henderson boy. But the other? - his treasured Nine - well, they would be safe. Safe with him, at the lab.

||𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕||

I practically crash into Lucas when we rounded the corner, each of us running for our lives.

How did they find us so quickly?

Lucas seems to be thinking the same thing as he pants between breaths. "How did they find us?"

"I don't know, but they knew we were in the gym," Mike responded, equally winded.

"Lando." Dustin muttered.

The exit doors were only feet away and for one precious moment it felt like we were gonna make it. But suddenly they ripped open and a flood of white light danced from the doorways as a mass of agents stormed in.

We skidded to a halt and began backing up and we immediately whipped around and started running.

"Go, go, go, go, go!" Mike shouted.

I felt like my heart was about to explode, I was so terrified. I was worried it was gonna happen again. And it was.

My legs grew heavy and I began to slow down but luckily for me, Lucas grabbed my hand pulled me along.

"Come on!"

We ran frantically up the small set of stairs, turned the corner and went through one of the open doors into another hallway.

"There they are. Freeze."

"Back! Go back!" Mike shouted.

We skidded to a halt once more when even more agents turned the corner ahead of us and marched towards us. We scrambled for the exit and all tried to go through the doorway at once.