24

a/n - it's wedding time!! is everyone ready? you're all invited so you better be dressed for the occasion!

Clay's POV

Clay stood in front of his mirror, smiling. Today was the day.

A month had officially passed. After weeks of resolving the discussions between L'manberg and Kinoko Kingdom, things started to settle down.

Emberfall was almost completely repaired, the streets were happier than ever. Clay could hear the buzz of excitement from his window.

Clay looked at himself in the mirror. He was almost completely back in shape. His muscle had rebuilt after weeks of eating healthy and training with the soldiers and guards. His skin was tan from being outside so much and he had a faint pink flush to his cheeks. Clay's green eyes were bright and alive. He was happy.

Clay was dressed with dark brown pants and polished, knee-high leather boots. His shirt was plain, a white button up with a collar consisting of red and gold patterns. He didn't want someone messing with his hair, so it was styled in its typical wavy way.

He hadn't seen George since yesterday. It was tradition, but Clay wished he could sneak out and find him. He didn't, though.

A knock sounded at his door.

"Come in!" Clay called.

Sapnap peaked his head in and grinned. He walked to Clay and the two hugged.

"Damn, Clay, you're lookin real good. You ready?" Sapnap asked as they pulled away.

Clay grinned. "I'm totally ready. It's finally happening!"

In truth, he was nervous and freaking out... was George feeling the same way?

Sapnap read his expression, "You'll do great! Don't worry, George is freaking out too."

Clay's heart skipped a beat at the mention of George. He felt a little better knowing that George was also nervous.

"Thank you, Sapnap," Clay said genuinely. "I couldn't have made it here without you."

Sapnap shrugged and said, "True, but you did most of this on your own. I'm proud of you man."

Clay's chest swelled with happiness. "I'm glad I chose you as my best man."

"Were you thinking of someone else?" Sapnap teased, "I'm clearly option number one."

"Patches was looking like a good option for best cat." Clay teased back, "I'm sure she would've done a better job at calming my nerves."

Sapnap feigned hurt. "Patches?! Me 2.0? C'mon Clay, she's a cat!"

"A damn good one at that."

Sapnap scoffed and smiled. "If I'm not wanted here, I'll go help Karl."

"Karl is with George," Clay said, his voice edging on a whine. "You can't leave me! I need your help!"

Sapnap sighed. "Fine, but you know you're gonna have to let me go soon."

Clay's smile faltered. "Sapnap, not now. Today is supposed to be happy! I don't want to think about you leaving."

Sapnap nodded and gave Clay another hug.

Clay was going to miss his best friend.

A couple weeks ago, Sapnap approached Clay and asked if he could go to Kinoko Kingdom with Karl.

Clay agreed, saying he would miss Sapnap dearly. He understood why Sapnap wanted to go to Kinoko Kingdom. Him and Karl were closer than ever, almost inseparable. Clay was happy for them, he just wished Kinoko Kingdom wasn't so far away.