𝒫𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝐸𝓁𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃

TW: PHYSICAL AND VERBAL ABUSE (very light amount, but just be aware when reading. I don't want to trigger anyone<3)

Estelle landed abruptly in front of the Beaulieu's Chateau, a hot burning sensation running up her knee. She opened her eyes, breathing heavily, and quite sure she may throw up. Side-along Aparation was never something Estelle was very good at, and especially when there was no warning. 

She looked down at the ripped knee of her jeans, blood soaking the area. "Adeline! You splinched me!" Estelle called to the women, who was standing a few feet away.

Adeline turned, looking Estelle up and down before waving her wand. The wide cut in Estelles skin closed, and with another wave the blood disappeared. A thin, pink scar was left in it's wake.

Estelle gapped at Adeline, the women who had raised her was now acting cold and much unlike herself. "H-have I done something wrong?" Estelle whimpered, the warm French breeze was making her thick cloak feel suffocating.

"That boy, James Potter. Do you know who he, or his family is?" Adeline said, avoiding eye contact with Estelle.

"What do you mean?" She asked in confusion.

Adeline met her eyes but there was no loving frustration, or sympathy, or any emotion that used to play in them. She looked almost disgusted by Estelle, as if she didn't even know her.

"The Potter's are some of the biggest Blood-Traitors there is, they have no respect for their Pure-Blood. They treat Mudbloods like equals, and associate with those that are lesser than we." The cold look in Adelines eyes as she spoke shocked Estelle to the core.

She stood open mouthed at her Nurse-maid, her confusion turning to anger. "Adeline! How could you say such things! I am no Pure-Blood! I am a Half-Breed and everyone-"

Estelles words were cut off by a a stinging to her cheek, her hand instinctively went up to cover the red hand mark that was now branded onto her pale skin.

"I am sorry to use such force, but it is time that you learned! You are of Pure, important blood. Those...people, that you have been associating with at school have no understanding of this! But he does, and you will learn soon." 

Estelle didn't look at Adeline again, she picked up her case and ran as fast as she could up to her room. The bedroom fealt foreign, the soft white linen, and gold furniture felt too grand. Everything felt like too much, the world was spinning a mile a minute and she was angry.

So angry that someone who had raised her, someone who had taught her right from wrong had everything so wrong herself... Who was he? Who was allowing her to believe that our family.. That she was any better than anyone else... Because of Blood Status?

Estelle scoffed to herself, ripping off her cloak. She changed into something more suitable for the warmer weather, a nightgown that fell just below her scarred knees. She pulled opened the balcony doors, and threw herself onto the bench. 

Her back resting against the wood, staring directly into the night sky. Everything seemed dull, it was over-casted and grey above her, not a single star, the moon wasn't even shining through.

Estelle clenched her teeth, taking a deep breath and closing her eyes. This day had been impossibly worse than expected, Adeline was a supporter of everything her Father said he was fighting against. 

He couldn't know that she was thinking this way? That she had struck her? No one had ever laid a hand on Estelle, not even her raging Mother. It wasn't something that was ever acceptable in their household, and it was very important to only do what was acceptable.