Chapter three - The Prince

Dream was riding his horse down the road on his way to the village. The sun was going down and it was getting harder to see by the second. But the village looked so beautiful from afar with all the sparkling lights. Once he entered the village he tied his horse to a tree and began looking around for the mysterious prince.

The people in the town were having a party of their own. Celebrating the recent win and the prince's birthday. some people were dancing in the town square, well others were buying flowers or hot chocolate. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming.

Dream couldn't help but hear what everyone was talking about. Some boy was visiting the town and was the prettiest person anyone had ever seen.

"His skin is so soft and his smile is brighter than the sun."

"His voice sounds like rich chocolate."

"His hair frames his face perfectly."

Not only were the ladies gushing about him but the guys were too.

"He's prettier than any girl I've ever seen that's for sure."

"I'm not even gay, but I'd marry him."

Dream smiled to himself, what is going on in the town? Had everyone gone crazy?

"His eyes are the thing that surprised me the most, one brown and the other blue. I didn't even know that was possible." One lady said well talking to her husband.

Wait, they were talking about the prince?

"Excuse me, but did you see where this man went?" Dream asked the lady.

She pointed at one of the flower stands. "He's over there, I think that man next to him just asked for him to take his daughter's hand in marriage. Good like with that though. He's already turned down half the women in this village and a quarter of the men." She sighed. "Are you going to try for his hand in marriage? You're not too bad looking."

"Ah, thanks? and no. I just want to talk to him." Dream said giving a weak smile.

"Suit yourself." She shrugged and walked off with her husband.

Dream slowly approached the flower stand and saw the back of the man he assumed was the Prince. He cleared his throat.

"Excuse me."

The man turned around with a bouquet of blue and purple flowers in his arms, "Yes?" He asked tilting his head to the left side.

Dream was speechless, this man was drop-dead gorgeous. His skin glowed under the street light. he had a few freckles scattered across his nose, his lips look as soft as cotton candy and his eyes... Oh, where does one begin. they looked like the eyes of God, or the universe itself. So full of love and curiosity. God, Dream could stare into those eyes for eternity. his eyelashes were long and curly making his eyes even more beautiful as if that were even possible. His hair was a chocolate brown and looked as fluffy as a cloud. Dream just wanted to run his fingers through it. He was wearing a red cloak with a blue tunic underneath, clothes fit for a king.

"Why does everyone stare at me like I'm a weirdo. Am I really that ugly?" The small man asked.

"W-What?" Dream said in shock. how could anyone who looks like this think they were ugly? "You're not ugly, quite the opposite actually, you're beautiful."

A small blush made its way onto the man's cheeks. "T-thank you. You are too kind." He started fiddling with his fingers.

Cute. Dream thought.

"Can I talk to you, away from all these people, please" Dream cringed at how desperate he sounded.

"You're not going to kill me, are you?" The boy questioned.

"Wha- I would never. I just don't like all these people staring at you." Dream gave an honest smile.

"I-i don't think they're staring at me, they're probably staring at you. You are very handsome." The pretty boy said still looking at his hands.

Dream was going to die. How could one man be so adorable?

Dream grabbed the small man's hand and lead him away from the crowds. His hand was so small and delicate, yet so warm and loving at the same time. Dream never wanted to let go.

They turned a corner. And the man let go of Dream's hand. Dream felt like he had just lost the most precious thing in the world.

"T-that was um, the first time I've ever held someone's hand before. The first time I've been touched in years actually." He gave a faint smile. "Sorry, that probably sounded really weird." He giggled to himself.

Dream felt like he was going to cry, "No one ever touches you?"

The man shakes his head.

"Why?"

The man just shakes his head again.

Then all of a sudden Dream remembers his job, bring the prince back to the castle.

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair.

"I need to bring you back to the castle." Dream says as gently as possible.

The Prince takes in a sharp breath. "Were you sent by my father?"

"Yeah..." Dream sighs.

The Prince starts to cry. Tears roll down his rosy cheeks. His lip starts to quiver.

Dream wants to stab himself. How could he make his prince cry?

"I'm sorry." Dream whispers, moving his hand up to the prince's cheek to wipe the tears away. "I didn't mean to make you cry."

"It's not you're fault. You're just doing you're job." He fakes a smile.

"I don't have to take you back if you don't want to go." Dream would give up anything for the boy in front of him.

"No." He shook his head, "All good things must come to an end. You can take me back. I've already been so blessed to get to see the outside world, even if only for an hour. plus, I don't want you to get in trouble."

"Are you sure?" Dream asks will caressing the Prince's cheek.

The prince nodded his head.

Dream removed his hand from George's cheek and held it out for him to hold instead. The prince moves his boutique of flowers to his other hand and took Dream's hand once more.

Dream smiled, "Let's go, my horse is this way." He leads them both back to where he tied up his horse and helped George get on. Dream then gets on behind him and wraps his arms around the smaller boy to grab the leads. "Are you comfortable?"

George nods and pushes even more into Dream. resting his head on Dream's shoulder.

Dream Blushes.

"Do you mind If I fall asleep? I'm so very tired." The prince yawns.

"Not at all." Dream smiles down at him.

"Oh, by the way, what is your name?" George asks.

"Dream."

"Dream... Well, I like you, Dream, thank you for caring for me." He closes his eyes. and slowly drifts off to sleep.