vii.

a/n: please vote and comment to show your support!

CH 7

GIULIA

Dear Diary,

Nicolas is still the most infuriating and frustrating person that I have ever met. His emotions are hard to read one second, and then clear as day the next, only to disappear as soon as they show. Not to mention that he is MIA half the time. I'm not sure he even came back last night after dropping me off at the mansion.

Ugh. I hate him, honestly. It's like one second he wants to care about me or feel something, and then he's suddenly gone. I don't know how I'm supposed to break his walls or get under his skin if he isn't even around.

And fuck this shit. I've been hiding out in my room since I came back yesterday with the exception of during meals because I'm trying to avoid the other two monsters that live in this house. At lunch yesterday, I learned that Vincenzo and Alessio have even less of a filter when Nicolas isn't around, which I didn't even think was possible, but it is. Anyways, I've now decided that I'll eat either before or after them, because the last thing I want to hear is details about their latest conquests.

Gross.

The sound of the front door slamming shut below me erupts, making me pull my attention away from the journal that's on my lap. I jerk up a bit, putting it to the side as I get up off of the chiase that I was relaxing on by the window.

That must be Nicolas. I don't think I heard Alessio or Vincenzo leave earlier, and it seems about right that Nicolas would come barging in mid-day, full of anger and fury after disappearing.

I purse my lips as I stare at my reflection, tousling my hair a bit with my hands and smoothening it out again before I make my way to the door. I find myself hurrying down the hall and slowly down the first couple steps, hearing some shouting that quickly gets my attention.

"No, fuck this shit. I'm not playing these ridiculous games with you anymore. I love you, and you can't even bother to let me know where you are and if you're alright? I told you I didn't want this if you weren't fully committed!" A woman's screams echo through the walls. I hesitantly peer over the railing, hoping to catch a glimpse of the scene that is happening.

Is this woman talking to Nicolas?

I would hate to think that, considering that he had told me that there is no place for love in the mafia already. I knew it couldn't be Nicolas that she was talking to. It's definitely not Carmella's voice, which is comforting to say the least, but also terrifying to think that they could be in a serious relationship that I don't know about.

That thought makes me want to vomit.

As I was preoccupied with my thoughts, I see a pretty brunette walk toward the door in a hurry. I can't make out her face or really much about her apart from her petite figure and long brown hair, but I know I've never seen her before.

With a blink of an eye, she's pressed up against the door on her back, a loud gasp escaping from her as I see Alessio hover over her.

"Cut the crap. I told you, I was working. You know that Nicolas has been busy, meaning Vince adds more to my plate. You can't keep doing this shit," he mutters under his breath, and I can only here it because of how his words bounce off of the naked walls of the vastly large foyer.

I can't look away when his lips capture hers, both of them kissing in a frenzy. I feel the heat rise to my cheeks, causing me to blush as I try to look away. I finally do, realizing that they won't be pulling apart anytime soon as a moan escapes her lips.