ch. 33 ♩ you've got mail.

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE:you've got mail

you've got mail.

"This situation isn't that bad... like, it's really not that bad," Klaus said brightly, clearly choosing to ignore the raging fire burning about two hundred feet behind him. He turned to the blonde baby that was being cradled in another man's arms, crouching down to his stature before cooing at her. "What do you think, Olive?"

Professor Levi Ackerman glared at him, holding Olive closer to him and leaning away from Klaus at the same time. "The kid doesn't speak. Now, tell me why, in what world, would: a fire, a ruined wedding-because of the fire, mind you-, a fight, a missing cat, and a fake celebrity relationship be 'not that bad'? Half of these fucking things were ticking time bombs."

"See, you're not being that optimistic as of now," Zeke Jaeger cut in, affectionately slapping Levi on the back. He chuckled, shaking his head as he dangled his legs from the car he and Klaus were sitting on-which wasn't even theirs. "But when have you ever? I swear, you're going to die someday because of that attitude."

"I will murder you," Levi hissed, glaring ahead at the fire before walking off towards two girls in the near proximity, ignoring Zeke and Klaus's drunken laughs.

How and why he approached the young women seemed ridiculous to him; what was he doing, attending his students' wedding, holding another student's child, looking for his favorite student?

Teaching had always felt like something he did despite his unhappiness, but then, in that moment, it felt like maybe he taught all those years to find that specific class of special people.

They're in that weird grey area, too, to make things worse, he thought, where some are getting married and having children while there're still others who live with their parents and yet more who couldn't tell or explain the difference between herbal tea and true tea if their life depended on it.

And then there were people like you who were literally a week away from going on tour around the world. But of course he didn't have the pleasure of teaching all of the famous early-20-somethings in the world.