twenty

20. Do Not Go Gentle

"Nik!" Aria yelled, running into Klaus's art room, where he was busy painting.

"How can I help you Ari?" Klaus asked, not taking his eyes off his painting.

"Tonight's the decade dance" Aria said excitedly.

"So?" Klaus asked.

"You need to ask Caroline for the dance" Aria replied.

Klaus turned to Aria, "And why would I do that?".

"Because you fancy her" Aria replied, "And she fancies you".

"You don't know that" Klaus said, his heart fluttering hearing Aria's words.

"Of course I do, I know everything about Caroline" Aria said, "Now are you going to ask her to the dance, or should I set her up with someone else?".

"No!" Klaus yelled, making Aria smile.

"No, what?" Aria asked, enjoying teasing Klaus, "No, you're not going to ask her to the dance, or no, you don't want me to set her up with someone else?".

"I'll ask her" Klaus said, finally giving up, "Happy now?".

Aria smiled, "Very".

"Is there anything else I can help you with?" Klaus asked, seeing Aria still standing there.

"Actually, yes" Aria replied, "I'm looking for Rebekah, she's the head of the dance committee, she's supposed to help me and Caroline set up the dance but we can't get through to her".

Klaus frowned, "That's weird, she came and handed me the last white oak stake she got from Alaric, then left saying she needs to organise the dance".

"Strange" Aria commented, "Maybe she's already at the school, I'll go check".

Klaus nodded, "Call me when you find her".

"Will do" Aria said, walking out of the room.

***

"So Alaric is trying to pull himself together, why is that a bad thing?" Caroline asked Aria, as they set their school hall up for the decade dance.

"Because I feel useless" Aria replied, "I want to help him, but I don't know how", Aria picked up a chandelier, "Where does this go again?".

Caroline looked at the chandelier in disgust, "Argh, I love Rebekah you know I do, but she needs to get a better taste, if she wants this thing hung, then she should've shown up to do it herself".

"That reminds me, where the hell is Rebekah?" Aria asked, worry rising in her heart, "She wasn't with Nik, and she's not here, so where did she go?".

"Maybe she's looking for a date for the dance?" Caroline suggested, also worried.

Aria sighed, "Maybe".

"Don't worry, you know Rebekah, she will never miss a dance, specially since she chose the theme" Caroline assured, turning over to Kol and Jeremy, who were standing on the ladder, hanging the stars from the ceiling, "What are you doing? You can't just hang them, they're supposed to trickle down".