Chapter four - Personal Knight

Dream took the longest way back to the castle. His horse was barely trotting. And he couldn't help but keep stealing glances at the boy sleeping in his arms. How had he lived his life without him? The prince was so sweet and soft-spoken. His voice was like an angel.

Soon Dream was back in the castle's stable. A guard came rushing up to him.

"Did you find the prince?"

Dream hopped off the horse and held George in his arms, bridal style. "Can you show me to the prince's room?"

"Shouldn't you report to the king?"

"That can wait, right now I need to get the prince to bed."

"Um, okay... I'll show you to his room." The guard seemed very unsure and never once looked at the prince.

odd.

They made their way down the castle halls, no one was around because it the three in the morning. The guard stopped in front of two large doors.

"Here you are, I'll go notify the king of your return." He quickly left.

Dream pushed one of the doors open with his back. Inside was a very huge room with thousands of books everywhere. A large king-sized bed was in the middle of the room. It had blue silk sheets on it and lots of pillows.

Dream slowly lowered Goerge down onto the bed. He took off his shoes and his cape. Then tucked him in. He looks so peaceful. I wish I could wake up next to him every morning. Stop! don't think like that. You just met him... and yet I would give up the world for him.

Dream smiled down at the sleeping boy and before he could stop himself he kissed the small boy sweetly on the forehead.

"Mmhh, Dream?" George asked in a sleepy tune.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" Dream asked sitting down next to the prince.

"No, it's okay, I like waking up next to you." He smiled with half-open eyes.

"Ah, um, thanks?" Dream asked.

"Sorry, did I say something weird, I'm not used to talking to people."

"No, it's fine, you're just so honest."

"Would you rather I lied to you?" He tilted his head.

"No, please, never lie to me."

"I'd be a terrible liar."

"Why's that?"

"Because I never talk to people, so I've had no practice." He stated plainly.

"I guess that's true." Dream moved a loose hair out of George's face. "You should go back to sleep."

"Mmmh" George closed his eyes again but this time he had a small smile on his face.

Dream got up and made his way to the door before the door was swung upon and he was face to face with the King.

"You found him?" The King asked while in his PJs.

"Umm, Yes, Your Majesty." Dream bowed.

The King walked right up to George and started shaking him awake. "Wake up you miserable excuse for a son! Get up right now!"

George quickly sat up and looked at his father.

"How dare you try to run away! How many times do I need to punish you until you get it?! YOU ARE NEVER LEAVING THIS CASTLE! YOU ARE MY PRISONER FOREVER! And you will do as I say! Do you understand you ugly, stupid, boy!?"

George looked at his lap and nodded his head. "Y-yes, father."

The King raised his hand into the air.

Slap!

The King looked at him with pure hatred. "You deserve nothing, do you understand me? No food for a month. And if you ever try to leave again, I will not hesitate to break your legs." The King turned around to see Dream watching him. "Why are you still here? Go sleep, you did a good job today, Dream."

Dream felt like throwing up. How could someone treat the Pince so cruel?

"Please allow me to be the Prince's personal Knight."

"Wot?" The king was slightly taken aback.

"If I guard him he will never run away again, I promise." Please let me be with him. Please let me protect him. Please let me stand by his side.

"You would rather guard him than fight? Won't you find it boring?" The King questioned.

Don't sound too desperate, Dream! "Don't worry about me. I just feel a sense of responsibility to keep him in check."

"Very well, I will grant you your request. I'm sure your commander will miss you though. You can start guarding him immediately then. Good luck. I'm off to sleep." The King left the room with a skip in his step.

Dream quickly turned to George, who was crying softly.

"Are you okay?" The prince looked up at him with tears in his eyes. "Sorry, dumb question, how's your face, he slapped you pretty hard." Dream slowly walked up to George.

"It hurts," George says with puppy dog eyes. "Do you really want to keep me in check?"

"No, I just want to take care of you." Dream sits back down on the bed next to George.

"Why? Why do you care for me? No one else does."

Dream gently puts his hand on George's bruised cheek. "Because you're amazing."

More tears start to pour out of George's eyes. "No one has ever been so nice to me before."

"Prince, Can I... Can I hug you?"

George slowly nods. Dream opens up his arms and George shuffles forward and wraps his arms around Dreams chest. Dream puts his arms around George and pulls him onto his lap.

"You smell nice." George hums. "Like apples and vanilla."

"You smell like Lavander." Dream smiles, pulling George even closer to him.

"Can we lie down? I'm so tired." George yawns.

"Of course." Dream lies down on his back with George now laying on top of him. He pulls the blanket over them and closes his eyes.

"Goodnight, Prince."

"Night, Dream."