Chapter 22.1 - Speech

Ma Xiaoding was still in a daze when he walked out of the corridor, acting like he'd been the one who'd dominated the scene just now as he told his little follower brothers to prop up a lifeless Zhu Zhixing.

He followed attentively behind Song Yu, and his calls of 'Brother Yu' was particularly clear and loud. It was like he wanted everyone on the street to hear it.

Song Yu was annoyed by his antics, "What are you doing?"

He hadn't even started settling accounts with Ma Xiaoding––if he hadn't come today, would Ma Xiaoding have led his little brothers to find Chen Zhijie and sent themselves to get beaten?

Ma Xiaoding had no self-awareness at all, "Brother Yu! Why did you let that group of people go just now! Didn't you see how disgusting they were at the start? And your fight today! We're now completely, thoroughly famous on Linqing Street! School bullies are nothing––we're the father of this street! Such prestige!"

Song Yu: "......"

Only little brats would look for fights everywhere.

He couldn't bear it anymore and said coldly, "How many times do I have to tell you? I'm here to learn."

Ma Xiaoding grew very aggrieved from his stare and finally quieted down.

As they walked on, Ma Xiaoding suddenly found that the scenery around them was familiar, "Ah, how come we're going in the direction of our junior high school."

Song Yu was too lazy to deal with him.

Jingcheng No.1 High was very close to the experimental junior high school.

They left Linqing Street and went around two blocks.

After all this, it was already nearing evening. The afterglow of dusk coated the high-rise buildings, shining on the school fence between an allee of trees, the orange light gentle and brilliant. There was a snack street across the school, and the fragrance could be found ten miles away.

Experimental Junior High had also started school.

It wasn't easy for outsiders to enter, but Song Yu didn't plan to go in.

He had a deep impression of a particular plot point in <Gentle Control>.

He went straight down the street.

There was an alley at the back entrance of the school with a very big tree planted there, which was shaped a bit like an upside down heart. Because of this, students called it a 'love tree'. The 'love tree' grew against the wall, and it had become a sacred place for students, old and new.

The wall next to the tree was covered with colorful graffiti. It was full of love confessions and anniversary dates. Of course, it wasn't just love. It was also a wall for the students from the school to vent; hate, jealousy, pressure, and all sorts of negative emotions were left carved on it.

Vague words could be seen, like 'A certain someone, I like you', 'The teacher from Class X is disgusting', 'I'm so angry, XXX is a bitch'. However, the most striking thing was a line of text written at the top with a red pen.

"Xie Sui's mother is a prostitute."

There were people who'd written question marks below the statement, some who'd added to the situation by following up with 'hahaha's and similar comments. It was both extremely innocent and extremely evil.

It was here.

Song Yu had a clear impression of this place.

Because this place was a key plot point in <Gentle Control>. Gong #1 had heard about this place from others and used it to get close to Xie Sui.