Chapter One

This is the most yacht trip you have ever seen, at least it is boring for a ten-year-old like yourself.

Maybe, it is the fact that you are the only child on the yacht while the adults are enjoying themselves to the fullest without a care in the world, especially your parents.

But who needs to communicate when you have your books with you to read.

Your favorite to read was fantasy as it always intrigued you in many ways.

But, honestly, you enjoy reading within the sight of the wide ocean, it soothed you and helped you to have a more relaxed reading.

However, while reading, you catch the sight of a..fishtail?

You lean forward more to concentrate on the sight, however, you drop your book in the water in shock from what you see next.

"A merman?"

A huge smile appears on your face as you look down at the handsome creature who is smiling back up at you.

"Hello" he greets you with a soothing voice, almost alluring.

"Hi!" you greet him back excitedly, naive to how dangerous this being is in many ways.

"What's your name?"

"(Y/n)" your quick reply causes him to smirk.

"Such a beautiful name for a cute child" your face heats up from embarrassment at his words.

"Thank you, mister" his grey eyes narrow slightly at you, holding wickedness within them.

"My name is Delta" he introduces himself, twirling his tail around in the water.

"Are you a merman, mister?" you ask curiously, already knowing the answer to your question.

"Yes, I'm a merman but others call a siren" he replies.

"Would you like to go for a swim with me, little one?"

His request might seem a bit off, but to you, it sounded normal.

"I can't swim" he pouts slightly at you, which made you giggle.

"But, I want you down here with me"

Before you could say anything, a familiar voice calls for you.

"There you are, food is ready, honey" you turn around to see your father walking towards you.

"There is a merman in the water, Papa!" you exclaim, pointing to the ocean.

(F/n) looks down at where you are pointing only to find nothing.

"Ah, having an imaginary friend are we? even though you are a bit old for that"

"No, I swear-" he cuts you off.

"Let's go eat, we don't have time for such silliness, young lady"

Once you and your father are out of sight, Delta appears again to the surface, holding the book you were reading.

"So you like folklore? Such an interesting child"

--------

Your parents and their friends decided to go for a swim at night, which left you all alone on the yacht.

However, when they didn't return after hours, you started to get worried and decided to investigate.

Your eyes search the ocean for any sight of the adults, but when you find none, you start panicking.

"Mama, Papa!" you scream, hoping that they would appear.

"Why are you crying, young one" the appealing voice of the siren makes you calm down a little

Looking down at Delta with teary eyes.

"Papa, Mama, and their friends...they all disappeared" you explain.

"Then how about I take you to them?" your eyes widen.

"You know where they are?" Delta smirks.

"Of course"

You hesitate, feeling threatened by him all of a sudden.

As of feeling your hesitation, the merman expression turns into a nasty one.

"Come here"

When you refuse to follow his words, a thick rope of water grabs both of your wrists dragging you into the deep ocean.

Your eyes widen in terror when you catch the sight of half-eaten bodies of the familiar adults

He stretches the side of your neck with his sharp nails forming gills arch to allow you to breathe underwater.

"From now on, I will take care of and be your Papa"