29-30

C29

The weather was gloomy. Not long later, it started to rain.

Shen Zhu sat in his room, sewing clothes for the child in his stomach.

Suddenly, Madame Chen felt a stomachache and hurriedly went to find the midwife in the manor …

Su Zongwen heard the sound of wails coming from the house, his face was cold the entire time, his eyebrows were furrowed tightly as he walked outside the house, his heart was in his throat.

Su Zongwen was only relieved when the midwife opened the door to announce that the mother and daughter were safe.

It was said that a woman giving birth to a child was like walking through the gates of hell.

Only after Shen Zhu gave birth to his own child did he realize that these words made too much sense!

With the help of Madame Chen, she had already changed into clean clothes and was weakly lying on the bed.

Su Zongwen strode to the side of the bed, looked at her pale face, and said with a pained heart: "Thank you for your hard work."

"Bring the child here for me to see."

Shen Zhu shook his head and said weakly.

The child that I have always been looking forward to is finally born, how can it feel hard?

Su Zongwen immediately brought the child over.

The child was currently sleeping soundly in a thin blanket.

Shen Zhu carefully poked the child's face and muttered, "You sure are sleeping soundly!"

"Rest well, I'll make whatever you want to eat."

"I want your soup."

Since Su Zongwen had already said so, Shen Zhu would naturally instruct him rudely.

Su Zongwen brought the child to Madame Chen and went to the kitchen.

Shen Zhu fell asleep not long after.

When she woke up, Su Zongwen was the only one in the room, the soup on the table was steaming hot.

"You're awake?"

"You haven't eaten anything all day. Drink some soup first, I've made porridge in the kitchen and I'll bring it over to you later."

"Thank you."

Shen Zhu took the bowl, and when he smelled the fragrance, his appetite immediately opened.

Su Zongwen's culinary skills were not considered good, but they were not bad either. Shen Zhu had already eaten the dishes made by Su Zongwen before.

Shen Zhu first ate half a bowl of the soup, and then drank a small half bowl of porridge, greatly recovering his vitality.

When Madame Chen came in, he saw Su Zongwen looking passionately at Shen Zhu who was eating.

Her child's relationship was good, so naturally, as a Mother, she felt joy in her heart.

Madame Chen coughed lightly: "Yue Niang, Mother has something that he wants to speak to you about."

Shen Zhu sat upright: "Mother, speak."

Madame Chen was not one to cause trouble, it was something important.

"The main thing is that I need to talk to you about something that I need to pay attention to …"

After nagging for an hour, they finally finished.