27 | truth or dare

As it's the first night in the cabin, it's a rite of passage for a group of graduating college students to gather in the living room, turn on the fireplace, set out drinks, and start a good game of Truth or Dare

Ian and Sky are cuddled up in a loveseat, Cass on the floor between Frankie's legs, and Ty is propped up on the arm of one of the couches. Case and I, on the other hand, share a couch, me in the middle of it with a blanket over my bare thighs because it's like three degrees in here and Case right beside me sipping on a beer.

Ty nods to me, "Truth or dare, Ana?"

I twist my mouth in thought, "We gon' start off easy. Truth."

"Have youuuuu ever had a rumor spread about you?"

The girls and I bust out laughing — because they know exactly what I'm about to say.

"Yeah, that I fucked the entire football team in high school."

Collectively, I can see the boys' eyebrows shoot up in surprise, even Case who's in my peripheral.

It was a rumor started by Laiya Whitney's brother because I wouldn't let him hit and everyone decided to just take it and run with it because jealousy.

I couldn't care less about what she has to say now — in college, nobody really gives a shit about what you did or didn't do in high school. So of course, I took my new start and ran with it.

"Just to be clear," I add, avoiding Case's piercing stare, "I didn't. Frankie?"

"Truth, my second love." The woman winks at me, making me laugh.

"What's the weirdest place y'all have had sex?" Whew, this liquid courage ain't no joke.

Here's the thing, I'm comfortable with making sexual jokes and speaking about sexual things, it's just the act itself I'm not ready for.

But that doesn't mean that I'm about to act like a middle school student hearing the word 'penis' in class.

She throws her head back in thought, "How much time y'all got?"

Cass hits her knee and the group busts out laughing. They're freaky-deaky over there, I'll tell you that much. I can't even tell you the amount of times I've walked in on them in the apartment.

"Case — " Frankie starts but then gets cut off by the man who's still chuckling.

"Truth." Damn, we all doing truth tonight?