xxxix. still worship this love

It was safe to say that Aurora was a nervous wreck as she was sat in her room

It was safe to say that Aurora was a nervous wreck as she was sat in her room. Remus hadn't told her what they were going to be doing nor where they were going which has resulted in majority of her clothes being thrown around the room.

"Everything alright in here?" Lily's voice came from the other side of the door. An exasperated grunt escaped Aurora's lips before she could reassure Lily that she was actually okay. The door peaked open slightly and Lily's head peered in. Aurora watched as she tried to hold her laughter at the sight of her sat cross legged in the middle of her room surrounded by clothes.

"Don't laugh." Aurora told her, resting her head in her hands as her elbows propped up on her knees.

"I won't." Lily lied as a small laugh left her. "What's happening?" She asked as she fully entered the room and closing the door behind her. Seeing the way Lily had to carefully pick her way through the room in order to get to her brought a small amount of joy to Aurora.

"This is going to sound incredibly stupid." She warned the redhead that sat down in front of her.

"If it's gotten you this nervous I'm sure it's not." Lily said softly, reaching out to pull Aurora's hands away from her head, exposing the anxious look on her face.

Aurora desperately wanted to hide behind her hands again, but tried to refrain from doing so. "I don't know what to wear."

"Is this for your date with Remus?" Aurora nodded weakly, moving to rest her chin in one of her hands while the other drummed on her thigh.

"He didn't by any chance tell you what he had planned?" She asked Lily hopefully, but only received a shrug accompanied by a tight lipped smile. She definitely knew.

"Let's just sort through this mess, yeah? And then we can try and find something nice." Aurora narrowed her eyes at Lily, but stood up anyway to start gathering the clothes on the floor.

"What was your first date with James like?" Aurora said to fill the silence in the room. It wasn't uncomfortable, but she wanted to occupy her mind for a while to stop the nerves.

A fond look overtook Lily's face as she remembered her first date with James. "I was nervous, probably worse than this," She gestured to the mess on Aurora's floor. "I think Marlene had to give me a long pep talk to calm me down. When I went down to the common room, James was already waiting there, and I saw he was just as nervous as me. It was sweet. Oh!" Lily stopped suddenly and held out an item of clothing to Aurora. "You should definitely wear this."

Aurora looked at the item she had taken off of Lily's hands. "I wore this all of yesterday." She told her whilst looking down at Remus' jumper.

"And you should have seen the smile on Remus' face every time he looked at you wearing it." Aurora bit the inside of her cheek to hold back a smile and moved to set the jumper to the side. "Anyway, where was I?" Lily continued telling her about hers and James' first date as they carried on picking up the discarded clothes.