XIV - Debate

"Ass2020?" I questioned Clay as we walked down the path towards L'manberg. Tommy had told us to meet his at the walls, I had a feeling it might not be his best idea.

I looked up at Clay, he shook his head, bemused by the sign. It was the day after Tommy had built the sign, and it had already been vandalised by the opposition.

I had woken up in Clays bed again, only this time alone. He must have carried me home after last night. I went downstairs and was spoilt with all the choice for breakfast Clay had made me.
Who knew he was a good cook?

"Quackity must have worked all night to do that" Clay spoke quietly, I could tell he was thinking about something else. He didn't really care about the election, nor was he interested in the slightest.

He knew that in the end, the real person with the power was him. Maybe I knew that inside too.
Maybe that's why I stuck around him.
He will always be the winning team.

We reached the walls, scattered with signs, Tommy furiously scribbling across one in his lap.

I stood up onto the platform he had built to read the signs.

"Tommy, do you really think people will belive Quackity said these?" Tommy glanced up from what he was writing.

"Yes." He carried on writing before finishing and placing it on the wall. He stood back to admire his work.

"He didn't really say these did he?"

Tommy hesitated before answering me. "N- No?"

Clay scoffed from below the platform shaking his head at Tommy.

"Well its not my fault the dickhead went and wrote Ass2020 over my Pog2020"

"So this is your attempt to run a smear campaign against Swag2020?" Clay's voice echoed from below us.

"Yes, Dream. And here they come!" I stepped down off the platform as Quackity and Fundy approached us.
"Quackity! Fundy! Nice to see you!"

I shook my head at him and went to stand out of the way with Dream.
The two men and the boy argued whilst reading their way through the 'quotes'. It was boring to say the least. Eventually they came to a decision to hold a presidential debate in Tubbos sky courthouse.

We walked up the precarious cobblestone path way to the courthouse. My and Clay stayed back, our quiet talk a huge contrast from the constant babble of the others in front.

I walked slowly in front of Clay, concentrating on the uneven path. I looked up to check how much farther we had to go before I suddenly caught my boot on a loose rock, I almost tubbled off the edge if it wasn't for Dream's quick reflexes, snaking an arm around my waist, catching me before I could fall.

I breathed out heavily, eyes wide, looking down at what could have been my demise.

I sat back on the path, away from the edge "Thank you" I breathily said,i looked up and saw the group entering the stone building.

"It's fine" He extended his arm out to me which I gratefully took. He hoisted me up but kept hold of my hand, incase I stubbled again.

We caught up with the group, entering the building. I felt everyones eyes lead down to our hands. I went to pull them apart but Dream just gripped my hand tighter, looking down at me. I frowned at him as he pulled me to the spectating seats.

I sat down looking across the people there. My eyes met with quackitys, who nodded towards me. I turned to look over to Wilbur and Tommy and my eyes caught Wilburs. He looked at me, confused by me and Dream. I swallowed, I felt as if I had betrayed him. Tommy shouted something at Wil and he turned away.

I sat back as the debate began.
Normally I would be interested by these things, the conflict, the information people could slip out through their adrenaline but at this point it sounded like children swabbling over toys.

I sighed and looked over to Clay. His head tilted as he listened intently to the debate. His head rested in his hand, his elbow resting on his knee.

I started fidgeting with my fingers, feeling like a child at a boring movie.

The debate eventually came to an end, Wilbur exited angry, accusing the moderaters of a bias towards the swag party.

The rest of the day was just setting up for the election the next week. Tommy and Tubbo added a few more chairs before finishing.

I headed back home and took off my armour before I heard a knock at the door. I poked my head out of my room to look if anyone was going answer. After I saw no one I sighed and went down the stairs to the door.

I opened it just as the person behind started knocking again.

"Yeah, yeah I'm here-" I opened the door to reveal the man from my nightmare. The horned man, the one with the menacing laugh.

"Schlatt" He laughed a deep rumble before tilting his head.

"Hello, Y/N. I wasn't aware you knew who I was.." I stood upright, on edge.
How did he know my name?

He laughed again before asking if Dream was in. I hesitated before answering, examinating him again. This time I noticed the cross bow in his hands.

Dreams crossbow?

I froze. What. The. Fuck.

He turned up at the house. Knows my name. Knows Clay. Has his crossbow?

"Ah! Dream!" Schlatt waved his hands in the air as Dream pushed me behind him.

"Schlatt. What are you doing here?" His voice was icy, unwelcoming. "I told you later tonight, and you turn up at the house?" He hissed at him, clearly angry.

I felt my head getting dizzy, my breathing shallow. I leant against the wall, steading myself. I looked up to see Dreams head snapped towards me.

He took a breath, about to make up some stupid excuse, but I stopped him before he could start.

"What the fuck is this? " I shouted, I clenched my jaw and balled my hand into a fist. I felt my adrenaline start to rush. I wanted to fight someone. The men just watched me, Schlatt raising an eyebrow, entertained by my shouting. I repeated the question again "Well? What the fuck is this, Cl-" I stopped myself short of saying his name and froze. Fuck.

Dreams head snapped back at me, the tension could have been cut with a knife.

"You were right about her hot-headed essence, Dream." Schlatt commented, a smug smile stuck in his face. I walked over to him calmly. I looked him in the eye.

"Shut, the fuck, up." I stared daggers at him as he bent down, eye level with me.

"Or what." He laughed.

I couldn't take it. I swung my fist at his face, landing a hit square on his jaw. Schlatt stubbled backwards, hand over his face where I punched him.

"You bitch!" Schlatt yelled. Dream stepped forward between us, annoyed. I glared at his back, stopping me from hitting him again.

"Stop it." Schlatt stood up, rubbing his jaw. "What did you want Schlatt."

The ugly smile I dispised made it back onto his face.

"I made the coalition with Quackity"

~~

Hello ÷)

I don't know how long it is since I published the last chapter lol

I know that chapter isn't as good as the others I may need to rewrite it

1262 words