Chapter 4.0

[ Two weeks later ]

" It has been a week since the Wizarding world got rid of He-Who-must-not-be-named. As we all know, on the night of Halloween this year He-Who-must-not-be-named was defeated by Albus Dumbledore himself while he was on his way to attack the Potter family. Peter Pettigrew, a fellow death eater ,also responsible for passing information to Voldemort has finally been sentenced to Azkaban. Celebrations still are going on throughout the wizarding world . But many death eaters are still roaming free as the ministry is trying their hardest to capture them. Many deaths eater attacks have also taken place in the following week. We are informing this to you so that you all fellow wizards and witches can take precautions and be safe. Alice And Frank Longbottom along with their son were narrowly rescued by Aurors a day back. They are still very shaken up from the attack ,though are perfectly healthy . Many people have been reported missing. One of them includes Alicia Jonathan, a fellow squib who was born in a the famous Jonathan family. She has reportedly been missing from the past 2 weeks. We are also very sorry to inform that Selena Fawley - Black of the Famous Fawley Family has been killed in an attack. Her body was found last night in her apartment when one of her friends ,Emmeline Vance decided to visit her. Selena's daughter has been reported missing and there is no trace of her whereabouts. Selena's husband Sirius Black,meanwhile , has been of the greatest help in defeating He-Who-must-not-be-named. This must have been a huge emotional blow to him. Other attacked families are -"

Sirius Black, James Potter And Lily Potter sat frozen as they took in the information from the radio. The mug of coffee Sirius was holding crashed down from his hand and onto the floor as his knees trembled and he collapsed on the floor. Tears were falling out of his eyes as he furiously wiped them away, but they didn't seem to stop.

Lily herself was wiping a few tears while James tried to calm his friend down.

"It's my fault . I left them It's all my fucking fault " Sirius said , his voice cracking .

" I have to find Ariel. Anyhow! " Sirius said as he stood up . His mind was filled with guilt and anger , all on himself.

" How can we Sirius! You left them that night.She could have taken by the death eaters as much as we know !" Lily yelled, her voice shaking.

"I -I don't know " Sirius started but he broke down, completely. James had seen his friend break down many times, but not this bad. It seemed to go on for hours. Even Remus came over, but It didn't help Sirius's state as he continued pulling his hair and sobbing.

After hours and hours did Sirius calm down a bit. James, being an auror, quickly collected his group and they began their search for Ariel while Sirius was being taken care of by Lily and Remus.

The search for Ariel went on for weeks , but she was not found. No traces, No signs, no clues, nothing. Even a few death eaters - Bellatrix Lestrange, Rabastan Lestrange, Artemis Carrow and Milanda Fawley (who were caught by Aurors ) had no idea if she was being held by death eaters or not. After two months, they gave up hope.

That was when Sirius Black realized that he had made the biggest mistake of his life by cheating on the woman he had loved all along . 

__________

Edited on 16/02/2022