fifteen

Eloise's dad was rarely home but he never missed birthdays or Christmas. To him Christmas was more magical than the wizarding world itself, they avoided magic as much as possible on the 25th the family wanted to keep it as normal as possible.

The traditions are always the same:
Eloise's mum, Elizabeth, runs in to her room waking her up with a bear hug as 6am.
They then make their way downstairs, her father, Robert, then makes tea for the full family.
They open presents obviously.
Then Christmas dinner is made, then it's board games and music for the rest of the night.

So as usual Elizabeth came in waking Eloise up, a year ago she wouldn't have been used to this but living with the marauders and the girls made her get used to being woke up and stupid o clock.

They went downstairs and the log fire was on, downstairs felt like a warming charm was put around it but it was the feeling of hot air spreading around.

Presents were generously piled under the tree, some small some big but sometimes the smaller ones mean the most.

When her parents were both sat on the couch with coffee and tea they let her begin unwrapping.

The first thing she opened was Peters gift. He got her an assortment of wizarding sweets to try from Honeydukes and there was some she had no idea existed, some she was a fan of and some she couldn't stand. Nonetheless it was a lovely gift.

The next one she opened was a gift from Sirius, it was a button front leather jacket with her name embroidered on the back. She loved it so much, she knew that he must've spent a fortune on it and couldn't of been more thankful.

The next was from Remus, with a note that said: dear Eloise, Thank you for coming to Hogwarts and saving me from the utter tools I call my best friends. You've been a lifesaver, you deserve the world but sadly I'm broke and can't give you that. So instead I gift to you my favourite book annotated because I know how much you love muggle books. See you at James'. Remus x

To Eloise this was one of the most special gifts. She didn't need the world when she had friends like them.

Lily and the girls came together and gave her a scrapbook of the past 4 months and left pages so she could keep adding to it.

The last gift was from James and when she saw it her jaw dropped. It was a pendant necklace, he took notice of how much she loved constellations and astrology. He knew her star sign and decided to get her a pisces constellation necklace. At the bottom of the box was a picture of the two of them sat at the window with their legs dangling.

She didn't even know it existed.

On the back he wrote: dear Els, Merry Christmas, I already miss you more than words can say. I cant wait to see you. I hope you are having the best time though, you deserve it. Merlin I'm rambling. Anyway I will see you very soon, James. (Your absolute favourite person in the entire world) xx

A singular tear fell down her cheek. She never knew how much she liked him until that point. Swarms of butterflies filled her stomach and she realised that she really truly loved him. The epiphany hit her quickly but she wasn't mad about it.

She only could wonder how he felt about her.

At the Potters James was also opening his gift from Eloise.

He opened it and saw a book but not one you'd read. It was a note book that was completely full. It had pages of songs to listen to when you're a certain mood, photos from the past 4 months and the best part is when you write on one of the back pages it is charmed to come up on Eloise's identical copy.

The note attached to the gift read: dear, James. Happy Christmas, you deserve to have the best Christmas ever. Thank you for making me feel so welcome when I joined, if it weren't for you and the others I'd have probably transferred to another school by now. There's so much more I could say but I'm running out of space. Merry Christmas to Euphemia and Fleamont too! Eloise xo

Little did Eloise know she gave him the same butterflies she had.

A/N

Next chapter is a good one I promise.

I am very sorry for the lack of updates I've had a lot of exams and I only have 12 more so I should be back to regular updates soon.

Also would love to know if you want me to carry this on through generations so do a golden trio era fanfic next or do I do the other marauders?

Let me know! Okay I need to go revise thank you for reading keep voting and commenting!