0.9

"Malik-"

"Malik-"

"no. go" he grumbles.

I look at my little brother, in his hospital bed. he's become a psych case. turns out he wasn't on medication yesterday and his schizophrenia triggered his manic response. that's what the doctors say. but knowing my brother, he's always out for blood. on meds or not

As result, he's handcuffed to the bed. he has different medication fluids being inserted into his body, to keep him in control.

mom and dad have to talk to our lawyer, so I offered to stay the evening with Malik. but he's mad that I'm missing homecoming. Nyla even offered that we have a small homecoming here in his hospital room, but he wants us to go to the dance.

"I'm not letting you fuck this up. four years of you crushing over Nyla, I've listened to every single detail you remember, I'm not gonna go through four years of you missing her," he says. I roll my eyes, but he's right. she's giving me a chance.

"Nyla's understanding. she-"

"shut up and go." he groans

I sigh.

"it's 5:00. go get ready, pick her up and go to the venue. I'm 14 and telling you what to do. go!"

"Will you be ok?" I ask getting up from my chair.

"I'll be fine. I have a phone and I'm locked to the bed." he tugs on the cuffs.

"ok, I'll see you later," I say ruffling his hair, lightly.

_________________

"you look great."

"thank you, Tony," I say to our butler.

I fix the cuffs of my wool Burberry tuxedo.

"red bottoms or jordans?" Tony asks.

"come on Tony. you know me." I scoff.

"Jordans then," he mumbles to himself. "I think those Eminem ones would look good."

"agreed. but if they get ruined, they're coming out your paycheck," I warn.

"ok, that's fine," he says handing me the shoe box.

I sit down taking the shoes on. once I carefully put the 30,000 dollar shoes on. I stand up and Tony hands me my jewelry. white gold Cartier bracelet and chain, Harry Winston earrings, white gold Bvlgari rings and my Longines pocket watch.

"now this is fashion," Tony says behind me

____________________

I stand outside Nyla's house, waiting for her to come outside with her friends. she wasn't expecting me to come, according to Jacob. he said she was a bit upset, but she also understood. he said she was just gonna come to the hospital. but I told him to convince her to go to homecoming.