𝗌𝗂𝗇𝗀𝗎𝗅𝖺𝗋𝗂𝗍𝗒

'The first step is always the hardest."

Soo-Ah's POV

My eyes cracked open and as the light entered my vision, I felt like someone was shoving tiny needles through my eyes, as I almost groaned out at the sharp pain on various ends of my head.

The second I was fully conscious, I felt an arm snaked around mine, and as a hot knife through a slab of butter, I remembered what exactly had happened.

I had bonded. With Kim Taehyung. As much as I hated it, I was bonded. I didn't want to live with it. But also, I knew I couldn't live without it.

Why me? Why me of all people? I was so happy being by myself, then why did this have to happen to me? I didn't even believe in soulmates. Not until my own best friend was bonded. And now, here I was with a soulmate of my own?

That to the visual of the biggest boyband in the world? Someone who hated attention and someone who was the constant centre of attention, wherever he went. Destiny must be joking with us!

Just when I was about to pick myself up from the incredibly soft bed, which I could only assume belong to my soulmate, I heard him sniff and pull up his phone.

Even though I knew it was totally rude for me to eavesdrop but I really couldn't think of anything else to do at the moment, since he and I were attached to the soulmate healing.

"Sweetheart! How are you?" That was his mom! And the next second, I heard Kim Taehyung choke out a sob, making my heart feel tight.

Why...Why was he crying? Is he not happy with this bond? Or does he have a girlfriend? What in the world is going on?

"Taehyung-ah, baby bear, what's wrong?" She asked, her voice soft but, anyone could hear the panic in her voice. My heart melted at her calling her 23-year-old son, baby bear.

No matter how old, how famous and whatnot he was; he was still gonna be his parents' baby bear.

"Eomma, I am soulmate bonded." He sobbed, unable to keep his emotions at bay. Did he also not want it like me?

"Bear, that's great news! Why are crying? Is something wrong? Are you not happy?" She tried to make her voice cheerful but she was a mother after all. She would know that something was not right with her child.

"No Eomma! I'm not unhappy but she doesn't want a soulmate. She never intended on finding a soulmate. I don't know what to do, Eomma. I'm soo scared."

Her words stopped and so did my heart. How in the world could I forget? He knew! Oh my God, he knew I never wanted a soulmate! And he feels unwanted. And I am the reason why.

"Baby bear, are you okay? Is she okay?" Her asking about me made me feel warm in my heart. Like she cared for me, even though she hadn't ever seen me. "I'm fine Eomma. She passed out after the bruises appeared. She's sleeping." Now that made me blush.

"Listen, baby, I understand that it's gonna be tough but I'm sure you both will be able to work it out. After all, soulmates are made for a reason."

I couldn't keep on listening more, since it felt too personal so I shifted, and automatically a soft groan left my lips as I tried to put my body weight on my bond arm.

I chose to avoid the whispered "I'll call you later,"  from his side as he tossed his phone away to turn his form towards me.

My heart skipped a beat as I saw his puffy eyes, dishevelled hair, and soft sleepy face. I felt my heart swaying but I screwed my eyes shut, reprimanding myself.