Chapter 22 - Puppy Eyes and Puppy Love (Pt.2)

- Chapter 22 - Pupsies Can Be as Dramatic as the Newsies -
Warnings: Fluff! (This chapter is adorable)
Third Person POV

Race closes the door to his house, taking his shoes off and setting them by the door.

"Antonio?" Hannah calls from the living room. "Is that you?!" She asks.

"It's me!" Race shouts back. "And I have some news."

He heard Hannah's laughs. "So do I," she responds.

Race's eyebrows furrow.

He noticed the gate separating the living room and the kitchen.

Hannah climbs over the gate, smiling warmly at her foster son.

She gives him a hug.

"How were Albert and Spot?" Hannah asks with a warm smile.

Race smiles, blush dusting his cheeks. "They were good," he answers quietly.

Hannah raises an eyebrow at him.

"We kinda kissed..." Race admits softly, fiddling with the buttons on his flannel out of nerves.

Hannah's eyes light up. "That's wonderful, Toni!" She exclaims, smiling. "I'll let you in on a secret in my live life," she starts, lowering her voice.

Race looks at her expectantly.

All of the Newsies, with the exception of maybe Albert, Spot, Les, and Lucky, knew Hannah and Medda were crushing on each other.

Blush dusts Hannah's cheeks as she tucks a piece of her hair behind her ear. "Medda kissed me." She informs him quietly.

Race grins at her. "That's wonderful! How was it?" He asks, before stopping. "Okay, that's weird."

Hannah chuckles softly. "I'll tell you later, you teenage girl." She teases.

Race shoots her a mock offended look. "You've got the wrong Newsie." He responds. "That one is down the street," he points to the window.

Hannah chuckles, turning away from him. "Just because Romeo is one doesn't mean you're any less teenage girly." She responds.

Race rolls his eyes.

"Sit down on the floor and I'll grab your surprise, okay?" Hannah tells Race, turning her head to face him for a moment.

Race shoots her a wary look.

He didn't like surprises, at all.

Hannah smiles warmly as to help calm his nerves. "This is not something you need to be worried about, just something your therapist recommended and I'm honestly excited about it myself." She tells him.

Race nods, plopping himself down on the ground.

It was cold, and felt like the floor-

Shocking, I know.

But it kinda felt nice on a hot evening like today.