Chapter 5 - Untreatable Situation

3 days later...

Vaibhav sat on bed and took a sigh. He looked at Chityakanta who was peeling apple herself. This woman was not his real mother but she never let him feel like stranger. Since young age he always felt warm in hear whenever he calls her mother. She never neglected him nor pushed him away. She always took care of him the way she do with his brother. She gave both brothers same treatment whether it's good or bad.

"Mother, you don't have to tire yourself" he said as he looked at her helplessly. Chityakanta turned and glared at him.

"What do you mean by tire you young man?" She raised her eyebrows "last night because of the medicine tonic you vomited so much blood. I was scared to death. If it was not for Disciple Arak to inform that it was the poison, I would have end up getting heart attack" she scolded.

That was right, Vaibhav still remembered how his mother stayed all night holding his hand. She had a worried look until he opened his eyes. Now that the maids brought fruits she is now peeling it personally. Though he did not said anything, he heard her continued.

"Sigh, what a chaotic situation. Only if that battle did not happened you wouldn't have end up like this. Only if I stopped you going there you still would be fine without any harm"

Vaibhav shook his head "that couldn't happen mother. You also know that since young I have been training hard myself, learning those war technique. So that when time arrives I can devote myself to serve my country, to make my borther and you proud. Still though I am disappointed for ending up being crippled but I couldn't give accusation of being fighting because that was something I needed to do. For what I was born so I can't step away from taking the responsibility. I really don't regret it"

Hearing Vaibhav, Chityakanta couldn't held but sigh. She knew how much this son of her love fighting. But looking at him being sad now making her heart ache terribly. She don't want to see her son so sad for bring unable to stand on his own legs. She put slice of peeled apple on plate before moving towards him.

"Your brother asked again about your legs. But Disciple Arak just shook his head. I guess he is helpless too" she said as she feed him "you need to eat more. Disciple Arak personally said to take care of your food. Because of the poison affect you lost much blood so you need to eat to make it up"

Just then Arak walked in with medic. Chityakanta put the plates away seeing the two walked in.

"This disciple greets empress dowager and second prince" Arak bowed respectfully.

Chityakanta waved her hand "please rise disciple. You don't need to perform formal courtesy in private. Besides you are a great benefactor for us"

Arak smiled "it was empress dowager's kind heart that saying like this. I am just a lowly disciple and my master also taught of rule so I can't ignore it"

Chityakanta's heart moved. The master he was refering really did taught well. But only if Aiyara could be here then...

"Since prince has already throw up all the toxin there's no need for fear. The poisons are already removed" Arak said as he checked Vaibhav's pulse.

Chityakanta moved a little before asking "since he is out of danger is there really not a way to cure his legs?"

Arak smiled bitterly "we disciples has our own field of technique. My technique is limited to poison. And my skills are heavy on poison thing. Besides I can really feel that prince's legs are not cripple because of the poison. If there's was this reason then I would have cured it already. But this situation is different. The reason of prince's legs unable to move is because bring staying unmoved for so long the legs lost their own energy. It's force to move. So if this energies can be controlled and use against it then there must be a chance. But for me it's beyond my limit. I really don't know if there's such technique or not. Please forgive my inability empress dowager"

Vaibhav shook his head. What Arak said was true. Is it even possible to do so? Bringing back the energy of being able to was not something easy thing to do. He doubt if there's anyone capable of doing it.

Chityakanta felt hurt again. She looked at Arak "what about Aiyara?can she do it?"

Arak thought for a while "in truth I really don't know. Among us she is the only one who never stayed in temple more than two days. Master said that Aiyara's skills are really good but he never mentioned what kind of skill does she really have. Nor Aiyara ever showed her talent to us. Whenever she stayed in temple she would chat with master and besides it she really don't interact with others much. So I can't say for sure if she can or not because simply I don't even know too"

"It's fine, our luck is bad" Chityakanta waved her hand feeling defeated. Since there's no hope then there's no point of bringing this matter up. So the matter died down instantly. Just then Kumeka walked inside the room. But this time Kashmin was also here too.

Vaibhav's did not even glanced towards the new arrived persons instead his gaze lingered on his legs. Kumeka looked around before smiling.

"I heard prince vomited the poison. Is that means that prince's body is improving?"

Arak nodded "indeed. Prince's health improving quite good. There's no need to fear about that poison"

"Thanks to the disciple for curing his highness's poison" this time Kashmin said with low sweet voice.

Arak nodded without replying. He turned away and started to write something on paper before handling it to the medic.

"Since my work is done, I would like to leave. My master is waiting for me" saying this he stood up.

"You are out benefactor, let us give you something in return" Chityakanta said hurriedly.

Arak shook his head "thank you for such grace empress dowager but I can't have anything in return. My master will lose his face" then he left after giving respect.

"This disciple is really well behaved. Whoever his master is really taught him good" Kumeka commented looking at the disappeared figure of Arak.

Kashmin walked forward "your highness are you alright?"

Only then Vaibhav remembered that Kashmin is also here. At first he did not gave any attention. She never visited him before. The news of them being engaged already spread all over Samrat.

And now this woman standing infront of him with such a concern look that almost made him believe that she really care about it. But in his heart he knew that she did not. Whatever facade she had was just for surface. Thinking about it Vaibhav smiled bitterly. He almost thought it was true.

Kumeka turned to face her daughter with a smile. A smile that clearly show her joy on her face.

"Of course, second prince recovered from the poison but" she turned and glanced towards Vaibhav then shook her head "as long as his highness Prince is stable it's fine" she wanted to add but he is crippled for life but she held back her own thought and looked at Chityakanta.

"Don't worry everything will will be fine. Atleast, the second prince is recovered from the deadly poison. This news is also good"

Chityakanta couldn't help but nodded. Even though she wanted to say but there's was nothing she could do. Arguing or exchanging words won't bring back her son's legs. So what's the point. After sometime they all left leaving the medic and some servants. Vaibhav looked at their departing figures before looking at his legs. A trace of hatred showed in his eyes.

Kashmin was nervous as she tugged her mother's hand "mother, what do you say? Will the second prince able to recover from it?"

Kumeka smiled "how could that be possible? Didn't you hear what the disciple said. His legs can't be cure even though the poison is cured. The condition of second prince is untreatable"

Kashmin's face it up "that means, that the engagement..."

Kumeka laughed "silly child, mother will arrange something to fulfil your dream"

Both of the laughed as they walk towards their Courtyard. Engrossing in their chatting they did not noticed the shadow of a figure standing behind them.