6.

Madison in the MM

Madison in the MM.

Next morning
6am

Stepping out of the shower, I completed my full hygiene routine for the second time this morning.

I felt so dirty but not only on the outside but on the inside too. The shit with Madi last night had been on my brain and I couldn't even sleep.

She heard what my mama said about her and I lied to her face. I couldn't stop thinking.

I knew this wouldn't end well either way, if I lied to her or not. If she found out, that what she thought my moms said, was actually what was said, she'd immediately break down.

If anything goes wrong or if I do anything slightly wrong, Madison is quick to walk out and just give up on everything.

My baby's fragile so there was just no winning in this and now I was stuck in the middle of it.

I brushed my teeth hard as my thoughts went crazy in my head. I then quickly washed my face before I wrapped my towel around my waist.

I walked out of the bathroom and made my way back toward my room. When I did, I grabbed my phone from my dresser so I could call and make sure Madison was up since I was about to be on my way.

The FaceTime call rang for a while as I dried myself off, throwing my phone onto the bed. I paid close attention to it and it took her a while to answer but when she finally did, she flipped the phone over, whining like she usually does.

"Good mornin', baby." I spoke to her, admiring myself in the camera, while I stood there naked.

"It's time to get up." I spoke sternly and she did her usual annoyed whine and I let her while I started getting dressed, putting on my dark blue scrubs.

It took me a minute to get everything on and I almost forgot she was on the phone before I heard shuffling.

"Yo." I spat, once I realized I was fully dressed and she was still laying there.

"Come on, bro."

"Get up. I ain't even tryn' be late again today." I explained to her, considering every morning we would be late because she was not a morning person.

It was the same routine every morning.

I'd first have to make her get rid of her attitude and then tell her I was sorry for yelling at her, which I don't, but if I raise my voice the slightest to her then I'm yelling and getting upset. Then after all of the dramatics, I buy her dunkin'.

Same routine.

"Madison." I spoke seriously as she smacked her lips loudly and the call ended, beeping three times.

"Aight." Was all I said to myself, already knowing it was going to be a long morning if she wasn't ready by the time I got there.

She'd pushed me to take a whole 26 month course for this shit, just so I could get a license and we could work together in the same place. Instead of me being out on these streets selling drugs and now she didn't even want to go.