IV

Narrative

Narrative

Dinner was silent. Not a single sound was made. Toji extended his hand out to you and megumi for a word in prayer.

You grabbed his hand and held onto megumi's. Toji's hand was quite bigger than yours and more defined. As strange and grumpy the man looked, his hands were quite soft and gentle like. While you sat admiring his hand, Toji couldn't but think the same for your hands.

You all bowed your heads and prayed for the food then began to eat. It stayed quiet for a while, until megumi finished his food and looked up at you.

You looked up at the doe eyed boy and smiled. "Are you still hungry megumi?" You asked.

He nodded, wiping the Alfredo residue off his lip with a little napkin. The males watched you stand up with the plate in hand, walking to the stove.

You served just enough, not too much to where he would get a tummy ache but enough to where he would be satisfied.

You warned megumi about the food being hot and that he should be careful with it. Megumi nodded in agreement.

While your attention was drawn from megumi, you saw that Toji had barely touched his food. As if he hadn't even wanted it. You tilt your head in concern.

Toji noticed your eyes on him and wondered why, then looked down at his plate and seen that he had not ate anything from it. "Oh, sorry... " was all he said.

"No please, it's fine. If you don't like it, I could make you something else?" You replied.

Toji slumped in his seat feeling bad that he was wrapped up in his thoughts and had barely ate the food you made for him in his son. "No need..." he said picking up the food and eating it, making you even more concerned for him.

After taking a bite, Toji knew why megumi liked you so much. No wonder the boy slept soundly at night. The food was immaculate, better than what they had been serving him at work. It was pure heaven in his mouth. He missed the feeling of home-cooked meals. It felt like he was home again.

He watched you and megumi exchange smiles and small giggles about the day you both had. The outside may not have shown how he felt but hearing you talk about it ignited something in his body. He wasn't sure what it was, but he knew that he didn't want it to end.

He hummed in delight and continued eating. After exchanging giggles with megumi, you thought it would be best to ask how Toji was doing.

"So... How was work sir?" You asked politely in hopes he would answer.

He mentally sighed at the term and hoped you had not forgotten his real name.

"Work was fine..." he said. You nodded pushed your plate to the side.