Chapter 4: The Kiss

"A kiss that is never tasted, is forever, and ever wasted." — Billie Holiday

---

Alessandra's POV

Lucy looked stunning in her green dress, which brought out her creamy skin, and dark hair.

The color complimented her truly.

With scoop-asymmetric neckline and lace-up details at the back of her dress, it hugged her body beautifully. A zipper on the side concealed, and the dress reached just above her knees. She completed her outfit with black pumps and just a few accessories.

I, on the other hand, wore a blue, sleeveless, heavyweight, luxe bandage dress featuring a sexy cut-out back. I completed it with a towering black heel and a contrasting clutch.

I worked my hair up and let a few hair locks fall on my face to give it shape and flaunt my slender back.

I wore silver dangling earrings and a silver watch.

Lucy made a poor whistling sound that made me giggle.

"You look hot," Lucy praised, skimming me up and down.

I grinned coyly. "You don't look bad yourself, Lucy!" I said, a teasing open admiration, and did the same, eyeing her up and down with a cheeky grin.

She does look stunning.

"Ready for our first clubbing in New York?" she exclaimed, grinning mischievously.

"Ready as I'll ever be!" I giggled as excitement was now filling my system.

I've got the freedom I've always wanted.

Her broad grin tells me she's as excited as I am.

It's so hard not to be affected by her contagious happiness. It's been a while since we both went bar hopping together, without brothers in tow.

Shortly, we were inside a cab, and the bar was just ten minutes away from our place.

We got there quickly, and the line was crazy long.

We saw Sheena beside the bouncer, waving at us when she spotted us behind a group who was waiting, too. We got in, and we were welcomed with blasting upbeat music, dim colorful lighting, and people conversing, laughing while drinking.

It was crazy packed.

I guess this is where all the people come every Friday night.

Sheena led us to where her friends were seated.

She introduced us to the girls once again. "Guys, I want you to meet Ali and Lucy. Ali works with Mr. Hernandez," she said in a loud voice so they could all hear over the blasting non-stop music.

"Ali and Lucy, this is Railey, Nazi, Shannon. And Shannon's boyfriend, Nico." Shifting her eyes between us.

"Oh, Rizza is at the bar," she added.

"Nice meeting you both," Nico smiled as he stood up and stretched out his hand.

Lucy took his hand for a brief handshake, and then I did the same. Then Sheryl stood up randomly, raised her glass, "to our new friends," she exclaimed, proposing a toast, and the glasses clinked.

"Wow, this bar is beautiful ... and packed," Lucy commented as loud as she could as she looked around her after the toast.

"It's always crazy here," Sheena bobbed her head up and down, agreeing. "I booked our reservation a month ago because it's hard to get in. Long Beach is one of the high-end bars here in New York, mostly from the elite society, you know?" she continued shrugging her shoulders.