XV- Flashback

It was the night before the election results. 2 more parties had emerged after Swag2020; so much for a secret election.

I went over the parties on my head. I was torn between them, not know what to vote for. Except one party I knew I wasn't going to vote.
Schlatt2020.

As for Pog2020, Swag2020 and Coconut2020 (fundy and niki) I wasn't sure which one to choose. Sure Tommy and Wilbur have been good leaders so far, but Quackity would sure made a good one.

I was still angry at Clay. He went behind my back and made deals with Schlatt. To be honest, I didn't know Schlatt personally, just from what I had heard and my nightmares had not painted the nicest picture.

I had been thinking about the coalition Schlatt told Clay about. Schlatt2020 and Swag2020 would pool their votes together, I just hoped Pog2020 would get enough votes to make Schlatt go away. I guess that crossed out voting for Swag2020.

I wasn't quite sure what deal Clay had made with Schlat.

I wasn't sure on anything anymore.

I can't believe I actually started to trust him, I believed the lies he told me. He manipulated me and I was stupid enough to look past it.

I shivered pulling my knees up to my chest, hugging my legs. I was sat on the bench outside of Tommy's property, over viewing the land.

If I looked in the right direction I could see faint figures by the podium, setting up for tomorrow.

I turned back to the horizon in front of me, the sun slowly falling. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

~~~
Flashback

The village laid out below the hill, the once peaceful place, the once busy, cheerful place, now scattered with blazing fires.

Screams of the villagers sounded faintly but were quickly silenced. I had planned to visit this place next, I guess someone got here first.

Lifting sword out of the ground, where I had been leaning on it, I hoisted it over my shoulder before walking down the hill.

I shortly arrived at the cobble paths, lined with thatched, wooden houses. Many were coated with roaring fire.

I strolled through the village, glancing into the firery orange windows of the houses, watching for life.

Whoever is here has done a good job.

I stopped at the villages centre. An old wishing well, ladened with a bell. I looked down, seeing my reflection glance back at me.

I heard a tap from behind me and twirled around. Adjusting my grip on my sword, I was ready to raise it before I turned into the man, his hand gripping my wrist, halting any further movements.

He made noise, like a grunt before stepping back.

He was tall, his candyfloss coloured hair plaited behind his back flowing downwards. On his head was a crown, adorned with jewels sat perfectly atop.
The top part of his face covered with what looked like a pig skull, the horns sticking out from the sides adding a certain elegant air to his menacing look.

His clothes were fancy, much like royalty. A white blouse covered by a large royal red cape.

A grin placed on his mouth as he examined me. I watched his eyes look from my netherite sword to my netherite armour. Then back up to my eyes.