✍First wedding night

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride".

When the priest said those words, I realized there was no going back, it was already too late.
The next thing I knew, Edrin placed a kiss on my lips. That kiss caused a crack in the mirror of my soul, now it is just a matter of time before the mirror shatters completely.

The wedding was held at the Konland church and the decorations were made by my mother.

Some minutes before the Priest pronounced us man and wife, I was being led by my father to the altar, there were white and blue flowers scattered on the floor to my future husband's feet, candle lights in everyone's hands while they sang beautiful hymns. Little children wearing Angel costumes were smiling at me. If I weren't so upset, I would have loved it more.
I wore the traditional wedding dress once owned by my ancestors and worn by the women in our family from generation down to generation. It felt really heavy but the designs are superb. Edrin also wore a traditional wedding attire, a handmade budzuji which is just a button-down coat heavily embroidered. Culturally, if the groom could afford it, the bride's family believed he can take care of their daughter.

After being joined in matrimony, I was led by Edrin to meet her Royal Majesty, the Queen of Verthona and Edrin's mother. She is a very fine woman with the smile of an Angel. Her hazel eyes were like a maze you could get lost in, her brown hair was styled royally as befitting to a Queen, her snub nose and narrow face complemented each other and the beautiful cream coloured dress she wore matched her snow-white skin and petit body frame. She hugged me tightly and kissed my forehead so lovingly, welcoming me into her family.

When it was time to leave, my mother and father handed me over to the royal family with tears in their eyes. All these would have meant the world to me if it was with the one I loved.

The reception was held at the royal palace, my new home. I had never seen a structure so humongous and mesmerizing, All white except for the roof and pillars that were painted a golden yellow.

There I met rich nobles who didn't think The King did the right thing by letting his son marry me, most of them did not attend the wedding, so they only came to the reception to show contempt.

I also learnt that the King had gifted my parents a grand mansion there in the capital. They moved into it that same day, my mother finally got her wish.

Rape and sexual abuse content ahead
*****

After the long event, I was made to sit on my matrimonial bed, waiting for my now-husband, Prince Edrin to come to ruin me finally.
It was late and my eyes had given into slumber when the door was abruptly pushed open causing me to jump in fright.

A drunk prince walked unsteadily into the room holding a bottle of alcohol in his right hand. He staggered to the edge of the bed and stood there, watching me with predator's eyes. I could not help but feel chilly.

Suddenly, he started laughing, just like that day at the tea shop.

"What did I tell you that day you wretch?! I told you that you will regret ever insulting me in front of everyone. Now, it is time for your suffering to begin".

He threw the bottle down on the carpet and began to unbutton his shirt. I was too frozen to move or to understand what was happening. When he started to come near me, I regained my senses and moved away from him.

"Where are you going huh? You cannot escape me now. You. Are. Mine!"
He yelled like a mad man and went to block the entrance to make sure I did not escape.

"Edrin, stop this pleeaase, I am your wife".

"Shut your mouth! You are not my wife. I never wanted a poor, village girl to be my Queen, I only married you because my father insisted and I wanted my revenge, Now come here!"...He ordered.
But he suddenly felt dizzy and staggered to his left, trying to grab unto something for support. The alcohol he had consumed was starting to take full effect and his reflexes were slowing down. I took it as my chance to escape, so I ran to the door and was about to open it when,