✍The Verhamian Princess

KIRA'S POINT OF VIEW

Five months have passed since that day...

Five months of emotional imbalance,
Five months of endurance,
Five months of hoping for the cold hands of death,
Five months of continuous abuse from my so-called husband.
To the entire world, Edrin is a changed man, but I know the kind of man he truly is.
He only puts on a charade so the people would love him and not reject him as king. Albeit Jared is the older of the twins, he has no desire to rule as King.
Yes, five months of total avoidance by Jared, I guess I meant nothing to him that he would rather have his meals in his chamber than at the dining. Then again, life goes on.

Today is the marriage ceremony of my 'beloved' husband and the princess of Verham, one of the five great kingdoms of the East. She is very beautiful, with skin as soft as a baby's. Eyes as blue as the sea, lips red as blood with a small pointed nose and high cheekbones,  a tall and slender physique. Dressed in all white like an Angel. A true epitome of beauty... No wonder he is madly in love with her.
As he told me earlier, it was never his intention to make me his wife for I am 'just a nobody.'

King Grayson's ultimate goal is that Verthona becomes the sixth great kingdom of the East

King Grayson's ultimate goal is that Verthona becomes the sixth great kingdom of the East. And for such great height to be attained, both the kingdoms must have a strong bond, which is the major reason for this wedding. My parents were also invited because they are part of the royal family, which is what my mother always wanted, I hope she is happy now.

I know I should be sad, but I don't feel anything. Edrin never loved me and I never loved him either.
Some women even came to console me, I found it all so funny. But I just have to pretend as I care.

The newly wedded couple spent the night together in the chamber Edrin and I shared. She is the princess after all, and her needs come first before mine. But I gladly slept in my chambers, alas! one night without the monster.

Over the weeks, the Verhamian princess avoided any kind of confrontation with me, even when we were both summoned by the Queen to have tea together, she refused the invitation and sent word through her servant that she does not mingle with 'commoners'.
I am the commoner she was talking about. But I couldn't care less. Edrin pays more attention to her, and that saves me a lot of trouble.

One day, Edrin barged into my chamber...

"Edrin! Why didn't you knock?"

"This is my castle, I enter wherever I like; and how dare you badmouth my wife, what do you think of yourself? You whore!"

"What are you talking about?"

He responded by slapping me across the face, causing me to see stars.

"You insulted my wife! You called her a husband thief?! Let me tell you this very clearly, she was always the woman of my dreams, not something like you! So don't get too ahead of yourself!"