✍Meeting Victor

THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

Kira walked through the woods in the eastern part of the capital, it was late in the evening and the crickets were already singing their songs.

  Before Jared was captured, he put together a few trusted friends of his from different parts of Verthona as well as other Kingdoms to protect Kira. He knew that she would be in danger the moment everyone found out that she was still alive and he took precautions for her safety.

After his 'execution', they became like big brothers to her, always keeping a lookout, secretly.

When Kira came up with her revenge plan, she knew she would not be able to do it alone, so she called for a secret meeting with those within the Kingdom, where they all expressed mutual dissatisfaction over what happened to Jared and swore to seek justice for him.

Truth is, only Kira knew that Jared was still alive but she needed to fuel these men with as much hatred as she needed to carry out her plans.
They were men without families and nothing to lose, just like Kira. This made it a whole lot easier.

   On reaching the secret meeting point which was a small, abandoned house on the outside but with a hundred-foot square basement that only their group could find. The camouflage would make anyone think the house to be just a small, old shabby looking cabin that was simply inhabitable.

The meeting consisting of seven men and Kira began, As they made their plans, they kept certain crucial factors in mind.

Just as the exchange was reaching its peak, heavy footsteps were heard from outside the secret room door which baffled them all except for Hector who stood up and headed for the door; how would someone have found out about their meeting?
Just then the door was opened to reveal an abnormally tall and broad-shouldered man with black beards that covered a large area of his face and a sharp pair of green eyes that stare deep into your soul. One could tell he is quite a handsome man.

Hector greeted the strange man and turned to face the rest of them

"Calm down please, my Lady this is Victor, he will help us with the major part of our plan, he lost his entire family when he was still young to an injustice done by King Grayson, and he has nothing but hatred for the royal family. I can assure you that he will do the job better than anyone else. And rest assured Jared, may his soul rest in peace, also trusted him with his life. So you have nothing to fear".  Hector explained.

Kira saw how much faith Hector had in the man, and she decided to allow him to join them.
"Very well then, Victor can join us".

Victor walked to where she was seated and bent a knee whilst taking her left hand in his, placing a warm kiss on the back.  He was quite charming, but that was the least of her worries at that moment.
After showing respect, he rose and found himself a chair.

Victor provided detailed plans and blueprints of all the tunnels of the capitals and the different routes through which they could pass certain towns without being seen, he seemed to be an expert and someone who had spent his entire life hiding, because the places he mentioned were not found in the country's map. There was something about him that Kira found alluring but she dared not let her mind drift so shamelessly; so she recollected her thoughts only to be caught off guard when Victor suddenly gave her a look that made her feel like he knew what she was thinking.