✍️The secret tunnel

Lila's POV

  Kira and I grew up together, we were practically sisters. We shared everything and we loved each other dearly. My mother would often compare me with Kira, saying that I should learn a thing or two from her and that Kira was more beautiful than I am.
  When we both were ten, Bianca became our friend but I never liked her and the feeling was mutual. I was always in Kira's shadow, everyone would notice her and ignore me. I hated her with everything in me, every single cell in my body despised her but I always had to pretend.

  My mother was addicted to gambling. We lost everything we owned because of her incurable habits. She resorted to drinking and taking her frustrations out on me.  She would strike and push me whenever she was in a bad mood, and I could not say anything to anyone.

  What no one except my parents knew, was that I developed a mental illness because of her bad treatments. I often had blackouts and would wake up later to find my room in a terrible state. I even attempted suicide and killed our puppy during one of my fits, which earned me a lot of beating from my mother. She hated me so much but loved Kira, she often told me that she wishes Kira was her daughter instead. How could I not hate her when she took away my mother's love?

  I would always dream about killing Kira by stabbing her multiple times, and it felt good, it became an obsession. I started looking for a way to go somewhere very isolated with just her so that I could fulfill my longings but Bianca always tagged along. That nosy, loud-mouthed girl never left Kira for a minute.

  When Kira and I turned nineteen was when she met Jordan or Prince Jared as he turned out to be. I would secretly watch them from afar when they were together in the fields, how he held her so lovingly... That was something I also wanted for myself, someone who would give me the love my mother never gave me.

  Jacques, Madame Aimée's son was my first secret obsession, we had sex countless times but he never proposed to me or asked me to be his woman. He was always chasing after Kira despite her not looking his way. He is a fool! I was right in front of him, giving myself to him whenever he wanted, but he never loved me or paid any attention to me.

  After Jordan came into the picture, I forgot about Jacques. Jordan was more sophisticated, a man of few words and a calm demeanor. But he never looked my way either, what does he see in her that he does not see in me?! But Edrin, I was thrilled when she insulted him that day, I thought, he will help me get rid of her. But I was wrong and she became his wife.
I liked him first! I knew him first, then why did he choose her again?! Why?

  I could not take it anymore, my mother taunted me with the news of their marriage and I grew more bitter than I already was.

  Thereupon trying for so long, I finally met with the Verhamian Princess, Beatrice. I knew she must have hated Kira as much as I did and I was right. I agreed to be her pawn in destroying Kira once and for all. I instigated the people of Konland against her by poisoning their minds. All it takes is a few people with torches in their hands to start a huge fire that can consume the entire world.

  I started sleeping with the Prime minister after Beatrice introduced us, but without her knowledge. One night, in his drunken state, Franklin told me all about his plan with his daughter. I used that information to get what I wanted from him, one of which was to be close to Edrin. That was for him to convince his daughter to make me Edrin's courtesan.

   During the attack on Konland, I was in the capital. Shortly after, I received word that my mother was among those who were killed but I couldn't care less, I had to finish what I started.
The plan was that after Kira's death, he would focus on my needs. But the unforeseen happened and he was killed instead.
That Kira is one lucky girl.