ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16

DAYS TURNED INTO WEEKS, and weeks turned into months

DAYS TURNED INTO WEEKS, and weeks turned into months. Things were going well.

Within the two months living with them I started to put the puzzle together. The bodyguards, guns, security, third floor and basement. It was right in front of me, I felt so stupid for not realizing sooner.

I found out Vincenzo is the Don of the Italian Mafia and Giovanni is the heir.

They are all connected somehow with illegal activities. Some more than others.

Giovanni, the oldest, is the heir. He will be taking my father's place when he retire from his post as Don. That explains a lot about his personality. Why he's so cold and doesn't show emotions. But it's not just his work that made him the way he is, there is something else.

There's something behind those ice blue eyes, hurt and fear. Something made him the way he is. Something made him suppress his emotions. The fear of showing and feeling them, because of the hurt he suffered in the past.

But the problem with that, is that supressing your emotions, pretending they don't exist might help avoid them, but it does not make them disappear. In fact, holding back your emotions will only intensify them.

You have to learn how to manage them, not avoid it.

Luca is the doctor. He doesn't get too much involved unless medical help is needed. But his bubbly self can change very fast if he gets irritated. I haven't seen his other side yet, but heard about it. How ruthless he can be if someone messes with his family.

Matteo is the best with guns. Being it close or far distances. All types of guns. His aim is perfect. He has never missed one shot.

Lorenzo is the best at torturing. His methods of torture are cruel and gross. He always gets the informations he wants. He's also a great fighter, but sometimes he lets his anger control him and that's not good. If he doesn't learn how to control it, it'll get him killed.

Anger inhibits our ability to respond to the situation intelligently. We process information less throughly and judge others harshly when we are angry. This can cause us to behave in ways that only perpetuate anger instead of addressing its cause.

In short being, anger makes us stupid. And stupid gets us killed.

Leonardo is a street racer. He's one of the best, never lost a race. His abilities behind the steering wheel are splendid.

And then there's my twin. He's involved, but not as much as the rest. He knows about the Mafia and knows how to fight. He only gets involved when it's needed. He is really good at hacking. He's good with technology but prefers not to use his abilities on illegal activities.

During this time I also got close to most of them, except for Lorenzo, Ashley and Brittany.

But is not like I've tried to befriend them.

School has been the same. Lexi and I are really close, she met Javier and now we all hang out together. I can't say I trust her, it will take time for me to let her totally in.

I used to trust way too much and fully. I would put all my trust on people and they would prove me wrong.

And then, every time I trusted someone new, they would give me a reason to why I shouldn't trust anyone at all.

I gave people my everything, my trust, and they treated it like it was nothing.

So I learned not to commit the same mistake again.

There was this day, a few weeks ago, I was laughing with my two best friends because of a stupid joke and then I realized something.

Life is nothing but moments.

The time I spend all night finishing a project was just a moment. The late night drives to McDonald's was just a moment. Every up and down and everything in between is just a moment that passes with time.

I may not remember this exact moments but I'll remember the people I spent with or how I felt. The way they made me laugh, or how they held me when I was crying, or stayed with me in the darkness when I lost hope, and the way they made me feel like I was in the top of the world when I was no where but beside them.

I also started to question love. In the end love just destroyed me, physically and mentally, I just don't understand. Love is supposed to heal you, but it doesn't do that. I was replaced, cheated, and lied by the person I loved. He said he loved me, but he didn't though. Love destroyed me every fucking way possible.

There was a time I wondered if the real reason was because I wasn't good enough. I wondered if maybe I was the reason why he left. The reason why he didn't love me. For all of it.

But then I realized that everything just needs to stop. I need to stop loving someone that I can't and will never have again. I need to stop thinking about him every second of every day knowing that I am not in his mind for not even a second.

I'm trying. It's hard, but I am. Trying to forget the moments we had and replace them with the new ones I created with the people that are by my side now.

Whether I realized yet or not, he is the one that left, it was his choice and his loss.

I may have cried again because of him and tried not to show anyone, but at least now I know I have people that genuinely cares and will be there for me.

Anyways, things have been calm. Too calm for my liking.

It was the calm before the storm.

-----------------------------

Any thoughts about this chapter or the book so far?