War of Hormone

Namjoon's POV

    I had trouble getting out of bed when I woke up this morning. I don't know why but I felt odd, like something in the air was off. I hoped I wasn't getting sick, that was the last thing everyone needed. Although, it made me wonder if Jae would take care of me. The thought made me grin to myself.

     I trudged out of my room, and almost bumped into Tae who looked like he was about to knock on the door. He had a plate of strawberries in his hand. "Oh, morning, have you seen Yoongi?" Weird. Didn't they share a room? Of course, Yoongi was usually an early riser too so it wasn't that surprising. 

    "I'm sure he's somewhere." I said, as I grabbed a strawberry and started walking towards the living room, "Check outside." I told him while walking off, and I saw Jin, surprisingly Jungkook, and Hobi, all eating something together on the couch. My stomach growling alerted them of my arrival and they greeted me with a smile.

     "Where's Jae?" Hobi asked, pushing his hair back "I don't think she's up yet, her door was still closed when I came out of my room earlier." Jungkook replied, not taking his eyes off the food. I heard Tae knocking on Jimin's door further down the hall. He must have been asleep, because he didn't answer.

      That strange feeling washed over me again. Why did everything feel so off? It was bothering me. Time to gage the room. "Does anything in the air feel weird to you guys or is it just me?" All eyes turned to me, "What do you mean?" Jin asked slowly, and I could start to see the start of worry on his face. "I don't know, something's just telling me something is...weird or..." I didn't know how to describe it, so I waved it off. "I'm sure it's nothing, forget I said anything."

     It was then I saw Jungkook freeze, and his ears perked up. He sat up and his eyes were darting around, and he was frowning. My heart rate increased immediately. "Jungkook, what-" Jin was about to ask him what was wrong, but he was interrupted by a sound I never wanted to hear.

     One shrill scream from Jae that sounded straight out of a horror movie. None of us bothered to look at each other; we all bolted towards the sound in an instant. Hobi and Jin even tripped over the couch, but even that didn't seem to slow them down. Tae had heard it too, as he almost ran into all of us running from the hallway.

     It came from downstairs, and as we got closer I finally heard the growls. Two very familiar, vicious growls. It was a wonder we all didn't trip on the stairs or trip on each other, but when we finally managed to race downstairs, I wished I hadn't gotten out of bed.

     The first thing my eyes darted to was Jae, and the blood that was starting to drip down her arm. And then I saw them. A black panther and a gray wolf, snarling at each other, and both of them looked pissed, almost feral. This was why I felt strange. Two of my pack members were in heat, at the same time, and they were pissed.

     Jae was huddled in the corner of the couch, holding her now bloodstained arm and Yoongi was in front of the couch, almost like he was guarding her, and each time Jimin tried to get closer, Yoongi would just hiss or make an awful growling noise that made my stomach turn to jelly.

      I felt Tae try to run by me but I firmly stopped him. "All of you stay here for now." We all knew this was bad, but I had to do this. As the leader, I was the only one that could. But even now, I wasn't confident in my abilities, and especially since I let something like this happen. I was scared, but looking at the rest of them a little behind me, they looked just as scared as I did, and their eyes were either on Jae or on Yoongi and Jimin, who looked like they were ready to rip each other apart in an instant.