97

Carter's POV

I woke up in charge of Jax's body, which would normally be a good thing considering Jax doesn't let me out very often but today it only made me feel bad. The whole reason I was out was because Jax was still too mad to come back.

They're going to be asking for you. You might as well come back.

I wait for Jax to answer but he says nothing. The only thing I get from him is a scowl and a possible scoff.

Be like that then.

I sigh as I stand up from the bed quietly since none of Jax's boyfriends were up yet. I tip toe over to the bathroom, trying to be as silent as possible before closing the door behind me.

I stare at Jax's face in the mirror.

Both temples matched in size and color, almost like a perfect mirrored imagine. The bags under his eyes were getting darker day after day. To be honest, he looked better before he came here.

My hands moved to the hem of my shirt before lifting it over my head.

Black splotches scattered our body. Not many places were still our skin tone.

I honestly felt bad that I didn't help him. I could have avoided all of this if I had just stepped in but even if I felt bad I still think it was worth it.

Rustling came from the other side of wall before a small knock came from the door.

"Jax," Ryder's weak voice sounded out. "Are you in there?"

I sigh to myself as I put my shirt back on and open the door. Ryder stared at me with hopeful eyes. I almost didn't want to have to tell him the truth.

"Guess again," I said sadly. The hope in his eyes was gone in an instant but he quickly tried to cover it up with a smile.

"Liam and Callum should be waking up soon. We'll head down to breakfast soon after that if you wan to go ahead and get ready."

"That sounds nice," I admitted as I walked out of the bathroom.

"Have you heard from Jax yet?"

"No. He's still mad apparently."

"Is he mad at us? Did we do something?"

"No," I said with a small chuckle. "He's mad at me and is avoiding his problems by making me deal with them. This is all my fault and I'm happy to take the blame for it."

I was hoping my words would encourage him but I think I made it worse.

"I see Jax is awake," I hear Liam mumble sleepily from his bed.

"Not quite," I say with a sad smile.

"Oh hey Carter," he said again, nothing but contentment filling his voice. "How are you feeling this morning?"

"Sore," I admit as I walked over to Jax's drawer and pull out some of his clothes.

"Well it's not like you have a big ass bump on you head," Callum said as he sat and rubbed his eyes a bit.

"It's not too bad," I say as I slipped my shirt off and put the clean one on. When I looked up again I saw Callum looking at me with a pitiful look in his eyes. "It looks worse than it actually is," I lie when I picked up on why he was looking at me like that.

"I somehow don't believe you," he said with a sad chuckle as he stood up from the bed and headed to his side of the room to get clothes. "Have you heard from Jax yet this morning?"

"Not yet. He's still mad at me."

"Is there anything we can do to help get him to come out again," Liam asked as he stood up as well, his eyes still closed.