10.

Someone asked if I sleep, the answer is no. 🧚🏽‍♂️
p.s. once a book is in my head, I can't chill until it's all out.

#writertingz

Madison

The car ride was completely silent as Gio sped to my house, smoking a blunt. He'd been quiet since we left our job and honestly I was upset now that he was even upset enough to take it to where he did.

I'd never expected him to show his gun.

"I can't believe you did that, Giovanni." I spat, needing to speak my mind. I hated holding my feelings in.

"All the games you play, all the things you say-"

"—you expect me to just take them. And I do."

"I don't let it get me too upset because I understand that's who you are, you like to play."

"But I really don't get you. Seven years and I still just don't." I went on, chastising him.

"You bring this girl I don't know in my face, you wanted a quick rile of jealousy, you got one."

"You wanted to play and take my last fry, it wasn't that deep but you were playing too much, as usual, so I got a little upset but then I let it go."

"I got over it quickly.." I trailed off.

"But here I am, I play one game on you and what?"

"It's the end of the world?" I expressed my feelings and he remained quiet, still not saying a thing to me.

"I don't understand you sometimes and it's so annoying."

"It's annoying and very insecure." I spat, making him put his blunt out completely before he opened his mouth to speak.

"I ain't on shit, bro."

"And I ain't even about to argue with you like you want me to."

"I aint insecure shit, I ain't got no reason to be."

"I'm the one beating yo' shit. I'm stretchin' you every night."

"But let me do what you just did though." He pointed at me seriously.

"Let me even be looking at bitch and you gon' curse me the fuck out, blood." He spat and I knew he was serious with me but he'd did the exact same thing.

"I get that but you did, Gi!"

"You did the exact same thing, in front of my friend, on purpose and I let it slid-"

"Fuck is you sayin to me'? I was playing with yo' ass." He cut me off before I could even finish my statement.

"I instantly introduced you as my wife, bro."

"I ain't let that shit go on but a second because I know how you are. You get in your fuckin' head and explode every time." He doonked his temple, trying to prove a point.

"You don't know how to do shit, Madison. That's the fuckin' problem."

"Whatever." I waved him off, tired of him acting as if I was doing anything different than what he'd done.

"Now it's whatever.." He scoffed, shaking his head.

"If I would've put that nigga down, then what?"

"If I would've killed that nigga in front of you, then what, Madison?" He went threatening me now and I shook my head at him being so stupid in this moment.

He was starting to sound like his old self, the person he was years ago and it was really annoying me.

"Just shut up, Giovanni."