Chapter 61

"You-, you how do you know the existence of that roomㆍㆍㆍ!"

Diego had forgotten even his anger at Hillise until just now, and his eyes were filled with surprise, embarrassment, and astonishment.

The existence of this secret space has been passed on only to the heads of Inoaden for generations.

Of course, Diego never let Hillise know about it.

But, seeing the door open in front of him like this!

Not surprised at the sudden appearance of a new room in front of her, Hillise seemed already convinced that there was a shelter here.

While Diego was out of his element, Hillise went in and pulled something out.

"You've hidden it here, too."

Seeing what was in her hand, Diego was forced to pull up his already half-raising body.

"Youㆍㆍㆍ!"

It was an antique red box.

The top of the cover was made of glass, and the glass inside it was visible.

Hillise glanced down at the Holy Grail in the box and turned to Diego.

"My father knew how to play all these childish pranks."

I don't know if you thought the celebration would be cancelled just because one of these cups was gone, or if it was just a simple glass.

Either way, it was stupid.

Diego himself was not proud of what he had done, but his face turned red when he heard Hillise.

"The Holy Grail.... is not yours!"

A cry of intense emotion came out of Diego's mouth.

Diego would, of course, have wanted to pass everything on to Ricardo.

However, the reality has already changed from his ideal.

Diego needed to realize that denying it would only prolong the pain.

"No, there's nothing in Inoaden that's not mine."

Hillise walked to the door with the Holy Grail box, and relentlessly laid the truth to Diego.

"You might as well remember that the more father doesn't grasp reality, the narrower Ricardo's position is."

* * * ​

After leaving Diego's room, Hillise walked alone in the hallway.

Her footsteps echoed through the quiet atmosphere.

The reason Hillise knew the location of the secret space in Diego's room was simple.

Because she has been trapped there before.

It was possible to live a basic life there, as it was a designed shelter for the heads of state, but it was only that.

Even the flow of time could not be known in the room that did not leak a speck of light.

Diego locked Hillise in there alone and threatened to leave her alone if she made a scene inside.

The secret place was in the chief's bedroom, and only Diego knew where and how to open the door, so Hillise had no choice but to wait until he came again.

Clatter.

As I walked down the hall, I suddenly heard a slight sound from the box in my hand.

Dry, leafy eyes touched the storage box.

Hillise took a step and opened it up.

'It's the Holy Grail. It's a little different from a normal drink.'

In her previous life, Diego falsely declared Ricardo's awakening and held a celebration which she had seen from a distance.

However, as I stood so close to it now, I could feel the flow of little energy on the surface of the metal.

It was said to be a treasure given by the king himself a long time ago, but at least the name seemed to be worth it.

I didn't think there would be a real use in this.

Is there any other function?

The holy grail, which had been lying in the box, was held in Hillise's hands.

Hillise roughly picked up the thin handle of the glass and examined the surface and inside.

Then she turned it upside down in the air and turned it up again.

If the butler had been by Hillise's side now, it was clear that he would have been horrified to see her just dealing with the heirloom so carelessly.

"Is it just a trace of the old days?"'

She even injected a small amount of power with her fingertips, but the Holy Grail showed no reaction.

So it was when Hillise concluded that the remaining benefits of the Holy Grail were gone.

"Miss Hillise."

At the end of the corridor, the call flew in, and the cold gaze on the glass was pulled off slowly.

Soon it was Norton Ferrano and the young man who came into view.

Together, they approached Hillise and greeted her.

"I see the owner of Inoaden in Ferrano."

The title of "the head" by Norton Ferrano was too heavy and repulsive, so Hillise told him just to call her by name.

At first, Norton jumped up and said, "How dare I do that?" But eventually, he was forced to comply with Hillise orders.

However, his greeting was still burdensome.

"I'm here to report the results of yesterday's regular meeting."

Is it already that time?

The hand holding the glass fell loosely below.

Hillise moved her gaze to the man who looked up at Norton's side.

"What about him?"

"He's my son."

Norton Ferrano's answer was a little unexpected.

A young man who looked at Hillise introduced himself.

"Enrique Ferrano. It's an honour to say hello to the new owner of Inoaden."

Dark blue hair looks soft and orange eyes resembling the sunset.

I wonder if he is about twenty years old.

He was well-behaved enough to be considered handsome wherever he went.

Unlike his father, who is like a thick rock wall, the man who introduced himself as Enrique felt like a fluid wave flowing through the rock wall.

The neat mouth drew a gentle line, giving a soft impression.

It didn't resemble Norton in appearance, mood, or any one place, so at first glance, I was unaware that the two were father and son.

"In the future, when I can't come to report myself due to unavoidable circumstances, my son will visit Hillise instead."

Norton explained why he brought his son.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Proofread by: sonamakoi

Mtled by: amaryllis0

Help us release faster by volunteering to be one of our staffs! Join our discord server and check recruitment channel, or u can dm me here :>>

Chapter 62 will be uploaded on Monday next week! See you~