ch.22

chapter twenty-two  - big plans

chapter twenty-two - big plans.
0:35 ━❍──────── -3:18
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

unedited

Jisung hurried towards the living room, nearing the loud commotion of his friends. As he turned into the area, a sense of nostalgia had washed over him. The light wooden floors were the same, and everything looked identical as well especially the flat brown pillows that his members sat on, surrounding the coffee table filled with newly set out food.

"Jisung, sit down! The foods gonna get cold," Mark called for him, patting the empty cushion besides him and across Jaemin.

Listening to his orders, the blonde did as he was told and sat down. Immediately his eyes fixated on the warm food that steamed hotly. The pleasant aroma of traditional korean food had infiltrated his senses, and him and the others did not complain.

It's been a while since the Park had home cooked food.

Aeri saw the distant look in his eyes. She tilted her head curiously, about to ask if he was alright, but Jaemin had interrupted her thoughts. The Na hurriedly took a spoonful of rice with a piece of laver, and held it in front of the youngest— a phone in his other hand.

"Jisung open your mouth," He commanded whilst filming a video on instagram.

Reluctantly, Jisung parted his lips and took the boys of food off the spoon, chewing it slowly. As he began to swallow, he raised his hand over his lips politely, before speaking. "What are you doing?" He deadpanned, getting up onto his knees to peak over the table, but Jaemin reeled away too quick for him to catch a glimpse.

"I'm just updating our fans that our youngest is eating well," The Na chimed happily, tapping the phone once more— posting it for their large following to see.

"Okay, anyway, we have to talk about our song for next round. We've already got the video edited and it's set to be published tomorrow," Mark announced, reading the notes he's gathered on his phone. The others nodded steadily, acknowledging the eldest.

"We should do 'Take me to church'. It's different from our video theme. No one would expect it," Donghyuck spoke quickly before shoveling a mouthful of meat into his mouth.

Jeno, being the person sat next to the male, cringed. "At least chew with your mouth closed," He hissed, urging the boy's mouth closed by manually pressing his chin up.

Donghyuck, however, jerked away with wide eyes. "Yah, you puked on me after that one party, i thought we were close enough to look ugly in front of one another," The tanned male retorted, scoffing out in defense after swallowing his food.

The other snickered, shaking his head. "Yeah, I guess i've seen worse from you,"

"Yeah, Jeno, just keep rubbing salt into the wound," Donghyuck grumbled, about to curse, but Jaemin had hurriedly caught on and interjected.

"Uh I vote we play Time machine. We have the attention now and that song is unlike any of our other songs, so I think it's best to take the risk now," The Na rambled, before he was curtly stuffed with a spoonful of rice by their youngest— no longer able to speak.

Jisung took his chance and cut in briefly. "No, We have to play daddy issues," Some 'ah'd at the idea, but Chenle rolled his eyes— speaking his own mind.

"Daddy issues is so predictable. Guys, you're all wrong, we have to perform checkmate," The dark haired male suggested, raising his hand up to Mark in a high-five manner. But the older merely glanced at it before ignoring the gesture, causing the Zhong to sulk and lower his palm.

The Lee turned towards their only girl member. He nodded encouragingly as he asked, "what do you think?"

Aeri was shocked. She was plainly minding her own business and eating her food— watching the others tear each other's heads off. She was amid swallowing her food, and as their attention all turned to her, she couldn't help but choke.

As if a switch was flipped, the male's all hurried and reach out their water glasses to her. The brunette only waved them off, as she picked up her own and drank the refreshing liquid.

Once she had cleared her throat and the irritation that resided in it, she answered their band manager. "I like all the songs suggested, but I also think Why'd you only call me when you're high is a good option,"

Hearing her reply, Donghyuck fell back to the couch behind him. He groaned aloud painfully, his arm reached over his eyes. "This got us no where," Frustratedly, he grunted. "We literally have 6 different choices to choose from,"

"We have a few days to decide, let's talk about something else,"

"How about garnering more attention with a Jiri stunt?" Collectively, the entire table choked at Jaemin's idea.

"Don't you think our kiss is enough?" Aeri whined, throwing her arms over the Na in side hug, as she rocked them side to side whilst nagging at the pink haired male. "Jaeminnn—"

"Some of the fans are being skeptical," Mark reasoned, though the woman wasn't having it.

"Yeah and some of the fans say I'm ugly, but you don't see me getting plastic surgery!" The brunette exclaimed in annoyance, stabbing her chopsticks dangerously into a piece of food.

"It's bringing us down a bit, rumors are beginning to spread that this is just some set up," Jaemin rose his voice slightly. The sudden raise in volume made the female freeze momentarily. As fast as she could, she fixed her composure, her stare unwavering.

"So let it! Out with the truth!" She countered just as powerfully.

"Aeri, this doesn't just affect you and Jisung. It's all of us! All of our careers are on the line! All of the late nights we spent cooped up in a basement to what? Perform songs for some teens? This is our chance at something real, and I'm sorry but we've worked for too long and too hard for your selfishness to get in the way,"

The Na's words silenced the entire table. The atmosphere became tense— it felt as if all oxygen ceased existence in the room with their breaths lodged in their throats.

It was suffocating, but they didn't disagree, and the silence that followed Jaemin's harsh words told Aeri their thoughts, clearly.

Who knew one's quietness can be so loud?

"Okay, I understand," Everyone was quick to straighten their postures at her compliance, as they all knew— Han Aeri was not an easy girl, and any less easy to win over. If she had her mind set on something, she had it set, and that was that. "What do we need to do?"

Clearing his throat, Jaemin rolled back his shoulders— relaxing the deep tension. "You have to go on a public date,"