Chapter 42

you and midoriya tilt your head back as you try to steady your breathing. blood runs down both of your faces as midoriya is fully rid of a shirt.

you both drop your heads and stumble over your own feet in exhaustion, making kota stand up and run to you both "hey!"

"it's okay.. give me second then there's something i have to take care of..." midoriya trails off in a strained voice.

"but you're both all beat up! what more do you have to do now?" kota asks in distress. "i knew he'd be strong. that's why i had to defeat him here. i thought i'd be able to inflict a lot more damage, but in the end, turns out i seriously underestimated how strong his quirk was." midoriya explains.

"if every other villain here is on the same level as that guy, we're in serious danger." you say, blinking to try and get your contacts to cooperate with you.

"it seems like they're after some of us as well. i have to tell mr. aizawa and the pussycats that's why they're here." midoriya says.

"wait... what?" you breathe out. "i didn't... know that's why they were here..." you say.

"yeah... actually y/n, the villain was asking for you and kacchan. you're both probably their main targets." midoriya says.

your eyes widen as you suck in a breath.
'a target? for what?' you think. your mind then flashes back to when you and midoriya encountered shigaraki at the mall.

the next time i see you, i'll make sure to kill you.

"i may be injured, but i'm not defeated yet. there are still people i can save." midoriya declares. you take a final breath before you stand up fully, looking at midoriya with a crazed expression.

"let's leave this guy here. he's not waking up anytime soon." you say as the three of you look at the unconscious villain laying on tattered rocks.

"we're gonna need your help. the forest has been set on fire. that means my friends might be trapped in the forest." midoriya starts.

"your water quirk can put those fires out. do you hear me? we're gonna need you, kid." you say as kota starts to tear up.

"get on my back. we need to get to camp fast." midoriya says. "how can you carry me? you're all messed up!" kota says.

"then let me. i'm not nearly as injured as izuku." you say. "no. you'll hurt him." midoriya protests. "we'll need our quirks to get out of here. i left my legs uninjured so i'll be fine." midoriya says.