Chapter 90

Happiness

Juan couldn't believe her eyes, her family is there, her mother and father is not just a wisp of imagination in her mind, they're real and can be touched.

"Mommy, daddy" like a newborn babe, she cried for her parents, she still couldn't believe the fact that she has uttered those two words she thought she wouldn't be able to speak in the future.

"My good child, my baby Juan" her mother continued to gently clasp her face and wipe the tears that continue to pour out of her eyes.

Her father on her side look at the two of them with fondness and disbelief, her mother and father stayed close with her, afraid that she'll leave and this will all soon become a cruel dream again.

Each of them has long and dreamt of this reunion, for so long they had never thought that they'll be able to see each other again.

"I'm sorry Juan, daddy didn't protect you" her father said with a tearful expression, regret, and pain evident in his eyes.

"It's okay daddy, you tried, you didn't give up. It... It was m-me who gave up" ashamed of her previous actions, she knew in her heart that it was just too impossible for them to meet again.

Perhaps she would lay and close her eyes in the dark without ever seeing her parent's existence again.

She was an orphan and a dropout, a pregnant teen who can barely afford to buy milk for her child at that time. She knew the reality of her situation, she has already succumbed to the bitter life she's about to face with her child.

But the heavens finally looked upon them, she was able to work as Xiao Ruo's nanny and secure her daughter's education. She has reached the capital and met Yu Han as well as Ju Yi. The road to a thorny and bitter journey seems to transform into something she never dares to believe before.

"I'm sorry mommy, daddy. I was w-wrong" Juan choked out, she was held by her mother tightly as her mother continued to shake her head.

"No, it's our fault, we didn't protect you. We're not enough" the family began to tear up again and soon wails and sobs can be heard in the living room.

...

Soon, their tears had dried out but they still hiccuped while wiping their tears away. Each of them has smiles on their faces as they held each other closely without leaving a gap.

"I'm fine now mom, you should see yourself, you have dark circles underneath your eyes" Juan worryingly said as she caresses her mother's eyes.

"Ehem" she heard her father, she hid a smile and turn to his side.

"Oh no, dad, you look tired now, I'll massage your back later so you don't look as tired as now"

The three pairs of family joked around each other, it's as if the cruel passage of time was just a blink of their eyes.

"Anyway, I'm glad you're here with us now Juan, thank you for being here" her mother said with a sincere tone, her eyes welled up in tears again.

"Mom, stop crying, or else I and dad will cry again" Juan joked with her mother making her burst into laughter. 

Ju Yi looked at the loving family with relief and slight regret, he wished he could have searched for Juan's parents before and let them meet her so she could have avoided all the bad things in the past. But this is fine now, what he should worry about is the fact that he and Juan were dropouts and even had a child together in their teenage years.

"So... who is this guy?" Her father asked after clearing his throat, his eyes were like laser beams as he watches him closely.

This is it, he can't help but clear his throat and take a deep breath. He opened his lips and then said.

"I am Ju Yi and I am also the father of Juan's child"

All hell breaks loose then.

***

Chapter 90 is up!

Good luck Ju Yi hahaha

Anyways have a great day everyone! Stay safe and healthy!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!