VI

Before Xu Yang was called, the Emperor was talking to his mother and from topic to topic he began to tell her about the meeting today and how there is a problem he needs to solve quick. He never expected his mother to call the Empress here.

❝Listen, your mother saw that the Empress is a very smart woman. She isn't just educated in music, literature, dance and calligraphy, she is also well educated on solving political issues. She is the daughter of the great general after all.❞

That was all the Empress told him before sending a maid for Xu Yang.

Now that she is here, Zhang Wan explained the issue to her, not expecting any good answer from her.

❝I see. ❞Xu Yang said after the Emperor finished speaking.

❝Do you have any idea in mind, daughter? ❞The Empress Dowager asked

❝I do.❞ Xu Yang responds.

The Emperor looked at her carefully.

❝Speak then.❞he demands.

❝Killing them will be a waste, they are our empire people and also innocent. Our Empire had a good amount of good quality silk and expensive fabrics in the past years so we can use them for trading.❞

The Emperor eyes widened and motioned her to continue her idea.

❝The Saju Kingdom will be interested. The Queen, Mi An, loves to dress in bright and expensive fabrics and she will be interested in our materials. We can also trade some jewelry to them and they can give us rice, flour, meat, since their Kingdom is know for their livestock and quality of meat, or they can pay the price in money and we can buy the necessary food and medicine from other Empires around us.❞

The Emperor listened to her every words, he couldn't believe that her idea was good and he didn't thought about it. His Empire, Xuan, is an empire that doesn't do trading with other empires, they rely on their own goods to survive and starting trading now will help them get food and medicine to help the ones affected by the disease without cutting their own supplies.

The Empress Dowager clapped her hands smiling.

❝Yes, yes! That is a brilliant idea, daughter! I told his highness you're a smart woman. Good, I'm very proud of you.❞

Zhang Wan cleared his throat.

❝Yes, mother is right, your idea is good and might work if they accept our trading suggestion.❞ Zhang Wan said.

He accepted that Xu Yang had a very good idea that no one thinked about yet. Even if he didn't particularity like Xu Yang, he can accept that she is right.

❝Will your majesty let me solve this?❞ Xu Yang suggested looking with a smile on her lips at Zhang Wan.

The Emperor looked at her and raised his eyebrow curious about what's on her mind.

❝You? Why?❞ The Emperor asked.

❝I can say her majesty, Mi An, and myself are friends. ❞

❝How so?❞ Zhang Wan further asked intrigued.

❝When my father visited Saju Kingdom he would bring me and oldest brother with him so when I was there, me and her majesty, who was a princess at the time, became friends. Now, I can't see her due to our roles, but she is a kind woman and I have more chances on convincing her to trade with us.❞ Xu Yang explained looking determined.

❝Yes, it makes sense, I knew you are worthy to be our Empress, Xu Yang. ❞the Empress Dowager said.

❝Alright then, I accept your suggestion. You may do all you can to ensure us a trade contract with Saju Kingdom.❞ Zhang Wan said drinking his tea and looking out of the window.