Chapter 44

"Have you taken your meds, bella?"

"Yes, Alessandro, I did; thanks for reminding me, though," I said, leaning against the cupboards, admiring my man fixing his tie.

"Your wellbeing is my main priority. You should know that," Alessandro spoke with a smile, his dimples appearing.

I was just simply taking in his handsome self.

Alessandro looks good in almost everything, but he reaches a whole other level of attractiveness when he wears his business suits. He appears to look like this dark and brooding person whenever he wears that specific article of clothing.

And I find myself being surprised with my mind whenever I imagined Alessandro to be those businessmen where we find in romance novels.

"Someone looks extra fashionable today," Alessandro said, eyeing me.

"Is it? I wore my clothes like any other day for work."

"We have to go. It's 7:30 already." I went to bring my office bag from my study.

"Good morning, Mary," I greeted the maid whom I had made friends with since we started staying here as she was sweeping the stairs.

"Good morning, Miss Amy," she greeted me back. I had told her a few times to just call me Amy.

Ugh, having maids to do housework really makes me feel like a bad person.

I walked to the garage where Alessandro was waiting for me in his car.

"Can we stop by Starbucks if there's enough time? I am in dire need of some coffee," I requested.

"Sure. There's one near work," he said, looking at his watch.

"Do you want anything? Coffee? Pastries?" I asked him before stepping out of the car.

"Just get me whatever you're getting," he replied.

"Be right back," I said and went into the place.

"Can I get two cold brews with an espresso shot and milk and two of these buns, please?" I ordered, pointing at the cinnamon rolls.

The barista took my order, and I paid for it. After a few minutes, I got my order and went back to the car.

"Here," I handed him his drink and cinnamon roll.

We both took our first sip at the same time, and oh my goodness, the cold drink going down my esophagus made me moan in pleasure.

"It's nice, indeed," Alessandro said, chuckling.

"You should eat the cinnamon roll while it's hot," I told him.

"Mmmm," he mumbled.

We had our breakfast right outside the Starbucks place because I was strangely feeling hungry today.

"We should go. It's nearing 8," I said.

"I'll have to remind you that you have an interview with GQ magazine today," I informed him.

"Oh yes, I know. I've been avoiding them for years, and now they're lucky," he replied.

"Why'd you ignore them?" I asked.

"They tend to ask nonsensical things a lot. And they love to pry into my personal life. Now me having you, they're probably gonna be asking about our relationship a lot," he said.

"One of the struggles of being someone famous, sadly," I muttered.

"Isn't GQ like a fashion magazine? I always see actors and singers on the cover," I asked in confusion.