lix. perfect

🎶Aisa Kyun Maa

To say Naina was nervous would be an understatement of the century

She stared at her reflection in the mirror, making sure she was looking perfect. The irony. Mothers, of all, know the real you. They've seen you in your worst and your best, they had been there to laugh with you when you were happy and cry when you are sad. And how can you forget the box of complaints that you sit down with every evening in front of her. And she, just as silly as you, treats even the stupidest tantrum of you as if it is why global warming is increasing.

Naina had no such luxury though, so she doesn't know what to do upon seeing the woman who has birthed her.

Should she smile and introduce herself?

Naina took in a deep breath and forced a smile at her reflection.

"Hi, it's me, Naina Rao."

She rolled her eyes, shaking her head at the idea. No, what is she even thinking? She knows who Naina is, for God's sake the woman was aware of her existence for extra nine months than the rest of the world.

How should she initiate a conversation then?

People are nervous to talk to their dates, boyfriends, interviewees, bosses, sometimes even fathers, but mothers? Oh c'mon, she is like the easiest person to talk to in the whole world.

This is so weird.

Why does no one teach you how to talk to your mother?

It might be easy for the rest of the world, but there are some unfortunate, stupid, and unlucky people like her too.

Naina huffed, sitting down on the stool in front of the dressing table. The door of the room slammed open and she flinched when Emily barged in. Her entire posture deflated and she grew self-conscious, avoiding the girl's inquisitive eyes.

"Nandini and Brandon are waiting for you in the kitchen. The breakfast will turn cold." She informed.

Naina nodded meekly.