Making an appearance

The next morning Steve and I were going about our normal daily routine. Steve worked part time down at the docks repairing boats and machinery while I helped out at the children's hospital.

It was when I got back at about 5pm, I was alerted that one of my satellites picked up on movement and a huge object was entering our upper atmosphere. Steve was already home so we immediately contacted Sam and Nat to get suited up and on a jet directly for Scotland. Steve and I also got ready and met the two in Edinburgh.

When the four of us were reunited there was no time for catching up. Steve and I went straight into devising a plan as we knew Vision and Wanda would be a target.

When arriving into the town, dead silent in the night we saw what was happening to Wanda but with how well she was doing we decided to wait in the shadows and appear at the opportune moment.

An express train passes behind Wanda and I saw how the alien cocks her head as if she was aware of another's presence. Confused, Wanda also turns and looks over her left shoulder. As the last train car passes, a silhouette on the far side of the platform appears. It was Steve.

Nat and I were to the side while Sam was up above.

The alien woman throws her weapon at the shadowy figure that was Steve but it is deftly caught just as expected and Steve steps from the shadows. I can immediately see the relief that washes over Wanda and Vision's faces making me smile slightly. I had missed the two, it had been a few months since we had last seen each other.

While the alien party are distracted, Sam swoops in and kicks the female mutant across the platform and through the closed cafe's security gate and furniture. Swooping around, he fires on the other alien. Steve throws the spear weapon to me and Nat and I engage in a fight with the alien, ducking under his swing, stabbing him in the gut and Nat executes a flying kick to knock him backwards.

The other rushed back to the fight. She summons her weapon back to her hand at the same time I un-crack my whip. She attacks me and I pretend to go for her legs but at the last minute I wrap my whip around her abdomen and fling her into my own body landing a blow to her face with my elbow and stabbing her in the gut. Steve then leaps forward, rolls, scoops up Corvus's dropped glaive and holds her off. Nat joins in with her own escrima sticks and the three of us fight together while Sam returns and kicks her backwards for us. She scuttles over to the injured other and Sam and I draw both our submachine pistols on the couple.

The woman looks annoyed and panicked to see her partner injured. "Get up." She ordered.

"I can't." The male grunted.
"We don't wanna kill you. But we will." Nat told the pair.
"You'll never get the chance again." The woman spoke and just as I leaped forward to handcuff the two, they pressed a button making them
depart as they are beamed up. The glaive is snatched from Steve's hand as well. I look up in shock and watch the spaceship fly off.

Never knew Thanos was so fawned of donuts. Him and Tony would get along, I thought as I rolled my eyes at the memory of me finding Tony in a large donut along with Nick Fury.

Speaking of Nick, I needed to give him a mission report ASAP as we didn't manage to take in the persons for interrogation. I send him morse code on my communicator along with a algorithm, I concocted so no one but Nick and SHIELD could read it.

After they leave I immediately turn to Wanda and Vision. I go to run over but a large hand clamps my upper arm. I turn to see Steve silently looking over me, scanning me for any injuries. I give him a small smile.
"I'm ok." I whisper.

He nods once satisfied and I run over to Wanda. I help her up.
"Are you ok? You're not hurt?" I ask her frantically.
She shakes her head and I pull her in for a hug and kiss the top of her head lovingly. She squeezes me back right, desperately scared at the events that just unfolded.
"I'm sorry we didn't get here sooner." I whisper into her ear.
"You did more than enough. Thank you for helping me." She replies as we pull apart.