Chapter FIFTY- SIX

Elijah's P.O.V

"Luke!!" I yelled, knocking, as I stood impatiently outside his door. I've been standing outside his door for almost ten minutes.

"Jeez! Who's there?!" Someone yelled back from inside the house. I sighed in relief as the person opened the door.

Luke stood in front of me holding the door open with a towel wrapped around his torso and water dripping from his chest and hair. He raised an eyebrow as he saw me. "Is there a problem, Perkins?"

"What took you so long?" I said, walking into his house. I walked straight to the sitting room and sat down on the couch. He shut the door and walked after me.

"I was in the shower. Is something wrong?" He asked again, rolling his eyes.

I looked at him sternly. "Everything is wrong. There is a problem" I said.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Hold on. Let me put something on" he said before walking away into one of the rooms.

I sat down impatiently, looking around the house. I saw the framed picture of a grown man with blue eyes which were focused on the petite woman beside him. His arms were wrapped around her lovingly as he stared at her with so much desire, the lady was equally grinning happily but was facing the camera.

The picture made me smile and remember my own parents. The smile slowly faded when I remembered them.

"Hey man. What were you saying?" I heard Luke call from behind me. I turned around and saw that he was buttoning up a dark green coloured shirt.

"It's Alex. She's missing" I said to him. He glanced at the picture I was staring at a while ago.

"Missing? How?" He asked as he proceeded to take a seat on his couch.

I raised an eyebrow. "Didn't you watch the news?" I asked, sitting beside him.

He relaxed further into the cushion, shaking his head in negation. "Nope. What's up?"

I blew out a frustrated breath, telling him the whole story from when we took Alex to the hospital. He nodded at intervals.

"Damn...." He sighed. He scrubbed his chin in thought. "So you want to find her yourself?" He asked, looking at me.

"Well....with your help as well. And I don't trust Nick." I said with a frown. I bent down and spoke with a low voice. "I think he has something to do with Alex's disappearance"

Luke widened his eyes then smiled slyly. "I agree with you. He's been sneaky lately" he added.

I snapped my fingers in realization. "I knew it!"

"So do you have any plan?" He asked with a smirk.

I shook my head. "I don't. We're going to need to find out those who took her first. And I think I know how. Since Nick might be related, I'll make up a plan to make him tell me" I said.

Luke hummed and nodded. "Smart. I'll try to see if I have any connections" he said.

I nodded and smiled. "Thanks bro"

"No problem. She's our friend" he smiled back. "Why don't you have some rest? We can do all these tomorrow" he suggested.

I sighed and nodded, feeling my limbs ache. "You're right. I'm really tired. Plus I just got kicked out of my own house" I chuckled bitterly.

"Sorry man. You can't stay here. My mom won't like it" he frowned.

My shoulders fell, disappointed. "Oh" I blurted.