Chapter FIFTY- SEVEN

Nicholas's P.O.V

Getting down from the cab, I paid the old cab driver and he sped off. I made sure he was completely gone before walking into the uncompleted building.

The familiar smell of weed and cigarettes filled my nose and I had the sudden urge to smoke again. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an addict, I just miss the way it gets me high when I'm clouded by my thoughts.

Nodding at my hefty pals by the doorstep, they let me in. I stepped into the room reluctantly. I sighed and made my way straight to Venom's office, ignoring the girls that tried to grab my attention.

I knocked on his door and his gruff voice asked, "Who is it?".

I rolled my eyes and answered, "Nick".

"Come in" he ordered. I opened the door and stepped into his abode. A smile spread across his face as he rested his head in his palm like an expectant little kid.

"I need your help" I said, straightforward. Standing not too far away from the door, I boned my face.

"If it isn't my favorite person. What do you need?" He asked. I licked my lower lip and locked gazes with him.

"Someone of mine is in danger. I'll need some of your devices and probably men" I said. He raised an eyebrow and changed his position, relaxing on his chair.

"Someone of yours?" He asked with a smirk. I clenched my jaw, ignoring the strange feeling in my chest.

"Yes" I answered subtly. I watched carefully as he stood up from his chair and walked around to lean in his table.

"And what do I get in return?" He asked. I bit my lower lip, regretting my decision of coming here.

"I'll let you know" I said simply. Venom narrowed his eyes at me. He placed his tattooed finger on his chin and scrubbed it slowly.

"Hmm...alright. I'm allowing you because you're one of my best men. If you ever betray me, Nick, that might be your last day on Earth" he threatened darkly. Even if it's my last day, as long as Alex is safe, I'll be okay with it. This is a tough decision but I nodded.

"Okay" I said before leaving his office. I walked towards the surveillance room and met a guard by the door.

"Nick" he nodded at me. I don't even know how he knew my name but I've seen him around. I nodded in return.

"Boss gave me the permission" I said to the guy. He raised an eyebrow and started making a call.

"Yes, boss" he said to the phone. "Alright...I will" he said before hanging up. He looked at me and stepped aside, letting me into the surveillance room.

"Thanks man" I said to him before entering.

In front of numerous computers sat four people on a curved line. I knew them. They're in charge of the cameras and computers in the gang. Three guys and a girl-- Frank, Chad, Hakim and Cally.

"Nick, my man! What's up?" Frank greeted, still focused on what he was typing. They were all typing. And I don't understand a thing.

"Frank. I need you guys" I said as I walked up to him.

"Hold on" Frank said. A minute later, they all stopped typing and faced me.

"Nick, it's been a while" Cally said, glaring at me. I laughed awkwardly, understanding her statement.

"Uh...yeah. How've you been?" I asked.

"Fabulous without you" she snapped. Chad raised an eyebrow at us. Cally was one of the girls I had dated. We didn't really date but we both had our fun for about two weeks. Then I started ignoring her till now.