03 | another project

Luna Klein enters the class this morning, and I find myself staring at her again as she walks toward her desk in front of me

Luna Klein enters the class this morning, and I find myself staring at her again as she walks toward her desk in front of me. The way her lips form into a thin line and her eyes narrowing straight toward her desk
tell me that she's uncomfortable by the attention she's getting.

And I'm not talking about the fact that I'm watching her -- I catch sight of my classmates throwing their glances at her, even just for a second.

The guys look at her like she's a piece of art that is too expensive to afford, and as if that fact irritates them. The annoyance is more visible on the girls' faces every time she passes by, but they can't help but look at her, like they just want to know what she's wearing.

My eyes scan her. Today, she's wearing high-top Chuck Taylors and Capri style plaid trousers with blazer over her loose t-shirt.

I've seen her on TV and have thought that she must be a spoiled brat due to her family background -- she's the youngest child of billionaire Lucas Klein and famous singer Cassie Castillo, and I have no doubt that she's pampered, not to mention that her older brother is eight years older than her.

Until now, I still think that she's a spoiled brat. And an arrogant one at that.

She treated me like a pain in the ass yesterday during our chemistry lab session, and that pissed me off.

Yeah. I was trying to be friendly with her because, what did you expect?

I'm new here, and I have no problem warming up to my new classmate who sits exactly right in front of me. I should have thought twice about that before she decided to treat me like I was an annoying fly on her wall.

Still, although she's an arrogant spoiled brat, I fucking have no idea why her presence draws all of our attention. I begin to understand the irritation on the guys' faces when they look at her, because Luna Klein acts like we don't belong in her world.

I wonder what's so special about her. She's pretty, I have to admit. Prettier in real life than on TV, and that was why I was staring at her longer than I should have done during our chemistry lab session.

I might even have made an impression that I was a fucking creep.

But now that I think again, there's nothing extraordinary about her. Brown hair, shoulder-length. Tanned skin. Average height. Lips, small and just...nothing special -- I haven't seen a smile touching them.

Nothing on her face speaks sexy or sultry. Her eyes are chocolate -- so many girls have those eyes. There's nothing about her that I haven't seen before.

Which is why my eyes should be on anywhere else but her, the exact opposite of what happens now.

Fuck. Eyes down.

Luna settles on her seat, while I'm trying to ignore the sweet scent lingering around me when she arrives. Something like...vanilla.

It reminds me of those sweet cookies that make my mouth water, freshly baked from the oven, warm, melting.