Chapter 98

It was the day of the ball and I was getting ready with Bekah as the boys handled things downstairs.

Right now Bekah was taking a shower so I took the time to sneak into Esther's room and plant a camera. 

I knew she would make witchy protections for privacy but she wouldn't think about technology.

This way if she changes her plan I can know as soon as possible.

Everything is sent to 2 separate computers live and then stored for me to watch tonight.

I was covering my bases in case she found the camera.

I doubted it since I hid it in one of the plants all the way to the corner of the room.

For added protection, I threw on an invisibility spell so she wouldn't be able to see the little light.

I decided to add a small listening device as well just in case.

This one I hid under the bed behind the rim so she would have to literally crawl under it to see the device.

Luckily that wasn't actually possible so I wasn't worried about it.

Once I was done I quickly left the room after wiping away any physical or magic trace that I had ever been in the room in the first place.

~~~~~~

I was back in my room doing my hair before Rebekah was even out of the shower.

She helped me with my hair and makeup while her hair dried.

Once she was done I started on her makeup.

After I was done I quickly dried her hair using a spell and then styled it.

I helped her into her dress before telling her to go join the party while I put on my dress.

She rolled her eyes knowing I wanted a dramatic entrance and left.

I walked into my closet with a smile as I opened the bag holding my dress.

I was going to be the bell of the fucking ball.

~~~~~~~

The Mikealson brothers greeted guests and mingled while they waited for their mate.

They watched as each one of their mate's coven members arrived as well as Valerie and Stefan.

After a few minutes of mingling, they watched their sister walk down the steps in her green ball gown.

~~~~~~~

Rebekah smiled serenely as she walked down the steps.

She was never one to shy away from attention.

Tyler being the lovely mate he is, walked directly to the staircase and offered his arm as she came to the bottom steps.

She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before grabbing his arm and walking towards her brothers.

She smirked lightly "your mate wants to make a dramatic entrance, she wouldn't even let me see the dress" she whispered so only her brothers would hear.

They all had a fond smile on their face as they thought of their mate.

It had been agreed it would be a sort of turn situation going from oldest to youngest for the night.

They were meant to be hosts so it wasn't too difficult.

Three brothers would play host while one played date and they would switch off.

Kol smirked cheekily at Rebekah "as if you didn't just shine under the spotlight yourself sister" he said teasingly.

Bekah glared teasingly back at him before walking away with her mate to go and dance.

~~~~~

All the girls turned and watched with light scowls on their faces as Elena came walking in like she was a queen.

She would be a dead ringer for Kathrine but she doesn't have the fucking brain to pull it off.

She was in the same dress as the show, not that any of the girls knew that.

Unlike before instead of a Salvatore on each arm Matt comes walking beside her and takes her arm.

Bonnie and Caroline grimace.

They felt so bad for Matt. He didn't deserve to be saddled with Elena.

Especially when she would drop him in a heartbeat for something she perceives as better.

At least the poor guy looked happy.

Elena's small moment in the sun was overshadowed when suddenly Ally came walking down the steps with her heels clicking.

Everyone turners towards the sound giving Ally their full attention.

~~~~~~

Once I had pulled on the dress I took a few deep breaths. That shit is not easy alone. I shouldn't have sent Bekah away.

Once I caught my breath I walked out into the hallway.

When I passed Esther's room I could feel her preparing the room for some ritual.

I sighed and walked towards the stairs.

I had to stop a second to wipe the scowl from my face and put on a small charming smile.

I was about to step out when I heard the doors open and the room go quiet.

I poked my head out slightly and scowled as I saw Elena standing in the same dress she wore on the show.

I may have taken some vindictive pleaser from stealing her moment but she was a bigot doppelslut that only wants to use people so I didn't feel that bad.

I walked out making my heels click loudly as I stepped down the stairs with practiced grace.

Which were really stability spells and comfort charms on my heels but you didn't hear that from me.

I was wearing a deep red ball gown with red pumps.

I had to keep in a little smirk as I watched everyone's attention turn towards me.

I had to keep in a bigger smirk when I saw Elena's face when she realized what happened.

The look in her eye spoke volumes but it wasn't like the bitch could do a thing to me.

If she tried I would just kill her, Nik's hybrids be damned.

It's not like I don't know a loophole.

Finn met me at the bottom of the steps and I took his arm with a smile as he led me out to mingle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now for my shameless Patreon plug. If you would like early access to the next chapter go and check out my Patreon. There are multiple options varying in price. I hope to see you there because I would love to continue writing full-time.

The Link is https://www.patreon.com/amber_poconuts

And my profile is amber_poconuts

~~~~~~~

Yes, this came out a bit vindictive with Elena. I was in a mood when I wrote it lol.

Happy reading

Disclaimer: I own nothing but my own original character and plot.

Edited: 2/23/22