forty seven

ik that's seresh and timmy but for the story it's reggie and summer <3

~*~*~

"i understand."

~*~*~

this was it, the final game. gryffindor versus slytherin. the final game and for the two new captains, they were both hungry for a win. regulus knew his parents would be proud of him if he won the house cup the first year he was captain, but he knew james only had this game to win the house cup as captain, whereas regulus still had next year to win.

regulus rallied his team around him and gave them the usual pep talk, he really wanted to win, but he would feel terrible if james lost. if this was back in september, he wouldn't have thought that way and probably would've threatened his team if they didn't secure the win.

"shake hands," instructed madam hooch to regulus and james who done as they were told.

the handshake at the start was loose and limp but when they went to separate, they both squeezed the other's hand and then they walked back to their teams. madam hooch made a confused face at both of them but when everyone mounted their brooms, she blew the whistle.

a/n: idk, the quaffle was thrown and like they scored goals and sirius hit bludgers away from both mary and reggie because he doesn't want his brother getting hit and then reggie spots the mfing snitch.

there it was, glittering gold in the late june afternoon. it's right there, the win is right there. take it, regulus, take it, his inner voice called to regulus. he dived for it, going so incredibly fast that he wished he had goggles or something like that as his eyes were watering due to the wind. he chanced a glance behind him and saw mary on his tail. regulus leaned forward as to go faster and he did, he reached his hand out and he was so incredibly close. take it!

there was a split second that regulus wanted to pull his arm back, pull his broom up and let mary sweep under him and take it for herself. however, the determination aspect of the house he was proud to be a part of took over and he lunged forward and caught it, winning the game, winning the house cup, losing james all over again.

"regulus black caught the snitch," said remus' voice, as he was commentating, although he didn't sound happy or exclaimed it excitedly the way the other commentators do, "slytherin wins the house cup."

the stands and his team were chanting his name as he dismounted his broom, swarming him like flies to food left out on a summers day. he accepted their praises and handed the snitch back to madam hooch, who told the captains to shake hands once more. again, it was the same as the last time they played against one another, slytherin had won and regulus was happy about it, but it was also so different because james didn't look even remotely happy for him or proud of him. he looked so incredibly disappointed and he looked as if he was near to tears.