Chapter 10:When realisation hits...

Heyyy... Your'll are simply amazing but I just wish that your'll could comment and give me some feedback so I will know how to make the story better. I have so much of ideas for the story but it is for later on. I am starting this chapter with Christy's mother, this was after her call with her mother telling her she was not coming for dinner, I forgot to add this in the last part but this is just before when someone comes and visits Christy...

Christy's mother's POV

I was having tea in the garden with Lucinda when Christy called me to say that she will not be joining us for dinner, I tried to convince her to come but... she spoke in a voice that is very distant.

"What is wrong?" Lucinda asked with worry in her voice.

"It's Christy... She said she will not be coming for dinner." I replied.

"Did you try to convince her to come."

"Yes but-" I trailed off

"Did something happen to her?" she said with fear in her eyes.

"No... she is... distanting herself again."

"Again?"Lucinda said with worry and confusion.

"Yes, she is always like this, what she does is all an act."

"An act!" Lucinda said with a shocked expression.

"No not that type of act," I chuckled. "She acts like she is okay and nothing is wrong. She was always good at hiding her emotions and only showed those that she wanted to be shown, all by faking it, she will smile and laugh but you will not be able to tell that she is faking it, yesterday... how she felt was all an act, the time when William dumped her in the water and the joke with Josh... All that, she was pretending." Luncinda was shocked at what I was saying but soon recovered.

"But why?" Lucinda asked her eyes filled with saddness.

"I am not too sure, all I know that it all started last year February... When she and her fiancé broke up." I said with tears in my eyes, remembering how my daughter, became so cold and distant during that month.

"I am- I - I don't know what to say, she was engaged..." She said with saddness in her eyes, tears forming.

"Yes, to her first love, David Wright, they were together from university and he proposed to her on the 2nd week of February but the next week, she came by and told us that the wedding is cancelled and not to tell anyone about them breaking up since we never tell amyone because it was only a week only the intimidiate family knew like us and his parents, after she came by... she left for weeks and never answered our calls, messages or emails." I stopped, taking in a a deep breath and continued..."We were worried but when we heard from her secretary that she was fine and just needed some time. We asked if she knew where she was but she said she didn't know but that Christy was working through her laptop and took meetings on call, we were just a little relieved that she was okay but... still worried about her."I said wiping tears that had escaped my eyes and saw Lucinda also wiping tears.

"I never knew that she has been through such a terrible thing and her first love! Oh poor girl, her heart must have been so broken!" Lucinda said holding onto her chest. It put a smile on my face that she was so concerned about Christy but I can't blame her, she always wanted a daughter but got the boys instead.

"Please don't tell anyone about this and don't mention to Christy that you know, God knows how she will take it." I said pleading Lucinda.

"Don't worry Linda I will not tell anyone, even Franklin and the boys. I just can't believe she went through all this." Lucinda said with a sad smile.