C O U R T H O U S E

18+ speaks of sexual assault

    I had no time to think about what went down yesterday, all I've been thinking is the court day I have today. I was worried, worried that my rapist would be able to be free and roam this earth to look for more naive girls. I wasn't sure if Rhett would meet us at the courthouse or just vanish into thin air, I wouldn't blame him if he did just disappear out of my life.

I didn't even care to do my makeup knowing that I'd probably ruin it with tears, I dressed in a sage green pantsuit. I made my way downstairs, every step I took I had to remind myself to inhale and exhale.

"You ready?" My dad asked.

I gulped, was I? No, I wasn't but I have to be. I nodded my head, my mom smiled as she pulled me into a tight, loving hug. We all walked outside to the car, we all decided to drive there together. My heart was beating so hard against my chest that it physically hurt, I didn't want to see him it hurts to bad.

When I left to Paris, my first couple months were horrible. I fell into a dark depression, I had really bad ptsd. Most of my days were followed by fear and anger, everyday I thought I was being followed home. I knew he was locked up but I still had nightmares of him walking through my door and abusing me all over again, it's the worse feeling in the world. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Finally we arrived at the courthouse, it was becoming way to real for me.

We got down and made our way inside, we had to go through security checks before getting to the hallway where my lawyer was waiting for me. When we walked inside the hallway I spotted Rhett leaning against the wall talking to my lawyer, I was shocked to see that he actually showed up. He caught whiff of us arriving and patted my lawyer on the shoulder before walking over to us. He kissed my mom on the cheek and gave my dad a stern handshake before stepping closer to me, I glanced down at my fiddling thumbs.

"You got this, okay." He whispers before kissing my forehead, it didn't feel the same.

The kiss felt like a friend giving me a peck before leaving my home, I smiled.

"Thank you for coming." I said.

"We both don't know where we stand with each other but that doesn't mean I stop loving you, Adora." He says.

I nodded my head, he was a good man I couldn't deny that but he just wasn't the right man for me.

We all proceeded to walk inside the court room, painful shivers crawled up my back once I spotted Victoria and Faust sitting together in the far left corner.

She looked different, way different. Her once black hair was now light brown, her style changed to a more bright color scheme, I could see the tattoos she had on her hands that weren't there before, she looked way more healthier and gained a few healthy pounds.