Chapter 38: Modern Day Life Break Time Part Five

A/N: ANNNNNNND HERE'S CHAPTER 38!!!! Do you think we'll reach 40 in this update??? Heh, maybe XDDD Btw, anyone playing the Re Zero mobile game? I thought it's pretty good XD Anyone wanna join me?? Anyways, here's chap 38!! Please enjoy~~~!!!

"Oh snap, we almost forgot about the most important thing!" Aki shouted when they almost reached their ryokan. "What is it? Did you forget anything at the resort?" Emilia asked, and Aki shook his head. "No, we're here on a trip, and when students like us go on trips, buying snacks and drinks and stuff from a convenience store enough for two nights is a must!!" He shouted, and the girls all stared at him. However, Subaru, Hinata, and Haruka were making the same look that was now on Aki's face.

"You're right!!! How could we forget something so important!!!" Haruka shouted. "Okay okay, don't panic!! There's a convenience store over there!! Let's go now!!" Hinata shouted, jabbing his thumb over his shoulder at the convenience store they just walked past. "Thank god you remembered!! Almost overlooked the best part of an overnight trip!!" Subaru shouted, turning to the girls, who were all still looking rather confused. "C'mon, I'll explain as we go." Subaru said, smiling. "Eh, what's going on now? Why're you all getting so worked up?" Emilia asked, tilting her head.

The eight all turned back and walked toward the convenience store, and Subaru started explaining to the girls. "Well, this is... uh... sort of a tradition of students going on trips together. You remember the school trip that I mentioned to you before?" Subaru asked, and they nodded. "When students like us go on school trips, we usual buy a lot of snacks and drinks so we can stay up all night playing games or chatting. Those serve as important fuels that can power us through two all-nighters." Subaru said, and they arrived at the store.

Sensing the eight approaching, the doors opened and allowed their entrance to the convenience store. "Irasshaimase." The clerks standing at the counters greeted them as they entered. "But isn't that a bit unhealthy?" Emilia asked, and Subaru laughed. "Well, that's the whole point of the trip, isn't it? We don't get to stay together like that and eat a bunch of junk food normally nor do we have the time to do so. It's a very rare event that usually only happens around three times throughout your time as a student. The rarity and freshness of such things are what that matter." Subaru said, laughing.

"Mnnn, Rem still isn't exactly sure what is going on, but the point now is to buy snacks and drinks that we want and eat those as we stay up all night?" Rem said, clapping her hands together. "That's right!! Buy snacks!! Eat snacks!! Stay up all night!! Ah maybe not the whole night till around one is probably enough since we've got more activities tomorrow, but you get the spirit!!" Subaru said, giving them a thumbs-up. "So should we get going now? I see Kouyou-san, Tsuyumi-san, and Natsuno-san are already quite done." Emilia said, pointing at the three, all of them carrying a basket that was about half filled with chips and drinks.

"Don't underestimate them, they're just getting started." Subaru said, laughing. "Mattaku, what kind of people come up with ideas like this?? Such childishness." Ram said, sighing and holding her forehead. "Apparently, teenagers in this world are all more or less weird in the head, Betty supposes." Beatrice said, sighing as well. "Oi oi Natsuki, I know they're foreign to this but don't keep your introduction too long. I'm taking care of the drinks and Tsuyumi and Natsuno are getting the chips. You lot go get some sweets and cup noodles, yeah?" Aki said as he stopped by and walked off again.

"Roger that!" Subaru said, waving at him and turning back to the girls. "Well, ladies, allow me to introduce you yet another big part of the Japanese food culture, the cup noodles." Subaru said, bowing at them and waving his hand toward the cup noodles section. Rem and Emilia giggled as they moved toward the aisles with rows and rows of cup noodles, all with different flavors and in different boxings.