✘𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆✘

-HER-

KAWAKI WOKE UP WITH A POUNDING HEADACHE

KAWAKI WOKE UP WITH A POUNDING HEADACHE. He wasn't sure what caused it entirely, but he sure as hell knew that it was a pain in the ass.

The boy couldn't remember the last time he felt this crappy when waking up. Everything was sore, and his body seemed to lean in an odd way. Perhaps after a rough training session he'd feel equally as light-headed, but not quite so. The aching pain he'd usually feel in his bones was replaced to be in his head- making everything feel distorted.

'Ugh...where am I...' He groaned. His surrounding were different from his usual ones. Instead of his room or a medical ward, he was trapped in a tight container. The walls were padded with white leather, and to his right small ventilators provided air for him to breathe. If he spread his arms out, he would only be able to reach until his elbows; it was cramped.

With tired eyes, Kawaki pried himself from the cold metal ground; If he was going to find answers then it surely wasn't here in this...metal box thing. As well as feeling this way, Kawaki couldn't remember getting inside the container in the first place. It was normal at this point to be fair, he was used to being moved around the second he fell asleep or took his medical pills- damn thing was always tampered with. But usually that would leave him bed ridden in yet another hospital ward; The usual checkups and stuff taking place there, not this.

Eventually Kawakis pupils adjusted to the dark, allowing for him to see the slither of light that poured from an open gap in the box. It was open? What was the purpose of this?

Kawaki chalked it up to that 'top secret trip' he caught Jigen talking about a couple weeks back. But this...this didn't seem so top secret to him. Something smelt like it was burning, and the container looked damaged beyond repair. This was incredibly unprofessional, and the Kara didn't do unprofessional.

Suddenly, Kawaki was met with yet another surprise upon his awakening. Below his abdomen, he felt something heavy pressing against him. And as his gaze locked onto the mysterious weight, that was when Kawaki realised that the 'weight' was infact an unconscious girl.

There was a girl on his lap.

...Why is there a girl on his lap?

"What the..." Kawaki shifted uncomfortably. There was a girl on his lap- a girl he had never seen before. Her messy (H/C) hair was sprawled all over his waist, and her hands tugged loosely at the brim of his top. He couldn't see her face becuase it was buried into him, something he couldn't help but notice as small, tamed breaths gently brushed against his exposed stomach, making the hairs at the end of his arms rise. She was alive.

Kawakis upbringing never taught him how to deal with this kind of situation. I mean, he's never had anyone so bashfully touch him before; the only contact he's received being the swift strikes of Jigen or the painful blows of his opponents. Contact to him was associated with negative connotations, so he did what his natural instinct told him to. He shoved them off him.