10 | Operation: Mouldy Voldy Must Die

A hush fell when Scorpius cautiously took a step in. Harry and Ron tightly held onto their wands, their anger with his arrival emanating up to the door, and Scorpius nervously glanced at Hermione. The brunette, the only actual friendly face in the room, motioned for him to stride closer to the small group.

"Err... hi," he murmured.

''Hi', you imbecile?' Albus-His-Inner-Voice bellowed. Scorpius flinched and made a face, furiously shushing his inner voice lest it was heard by everybody in the room.

His eyes settled on the other occupants, the other members of the DA Core, and Scorpius' heart sped up in unbidden excitement. Luna Lovegood gave him a serene smile before gracefully plopping back down on the couch and proceeded to read a copy of 'The Quibbler'. Ginny Weasley wore a mixture of amusement and suspicion on her face. And finally, his eyes settled on Neville Longbottom.

Scorpius had always admired his Herbology Professor, Neville Longbottom, and usually engaged him in lengthy discussions about plants and sometimes, the older wizard's Hogwarts years. He was one of the people in Hogwarts who actually tolerated Scorpius and did not accuse him of being the Dark Lord's illegitimate son. The story of how he had bravely slain Nagini the Snake Horcrux had been one of his favourite bedtime stories and his father found it amusing that his once bumbling and idiotic classmate grew up to become a confident and well-spoken professor.

The Gryffindor before him was a far cry from the professor he greatly admired. Instead, this was the bumbling and idiotic student his father described standing before him. He was even able to detect a smidge of fear in his eyes. 'Pity,' Scorpius thought. 'You'd be magnificent in the future, Neville Longbottom, and you have no idea yet.'

"What the hell are you doing here, Malfoy?" Harry spat.

Scorpius furrowed his eyebrows, confused with his question. "I was invited, didn't you..." The words died down from his mouth as his eyes widened a little. Both he and Harry shot an accusatory glare towards Hermione, who exhaled a deep sigh and rolled her eyes.

"I invited him over, Harry, because Dumbledore said so," Hermione grounded out, standing her ground and crossing her arms across her chest. "He is of great value in this mission."

"Okay, hold up, Malfoy knows about the mission?" Ginny butted in with surprise.

"He knows more about the mission," the brunette Gryffindor corrected, throwing a withering glare towards Scorpius. "Harry, Ron, and I only knew a few things about it."

Ron stomped forward and towered over him. Weasley was easily the tallest boy in this room, but Scorpius didn't back down. Maybe if he tiptoed just a little bit, then he'd be a few good inches taller than Ron. But then, of course, he didn't do that because he'd look like an idiot and that didn't bode too well with the Scorpion King image he was trying to maintain.

"I told you not to invite him, Hermione," Ron snapped, though his eyes never left Scorpius' steely greys.

"Since when do I listen to you, Ronald?" The tall Weasley flinched and Scorpius smirked at how he deflated at Granger's tone, who by the way was a foot shorter than him.

Harry strode forward and stood beside his best friend. "I don't like him here, Hermione," he snarled.

"Well, I don't like him here too but we have to bloody work together now, yeah?" Hermione exclaimed.

Scorpius stared down the two Gryffindors, trying to look as menacing as possible. Normally, he wouldn't go out of his way to initiate a fight, but these Golden Idiots had made it too easy for him. He wondered what Albus would feel if he saw his father and his uncle picking a fight with him, his best friend. But then again, his father and his uncle never really liked him at all.